Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Control Before REL

0 Kudos

Hi PS Experts,

Please suggest for the below client requirement

Client System Flow

Project creation (includes WBS, Network, Material etc) --> IM assignment--> Budgeting by IM--> Avlb Cntrl Activation --> Project release--> PR-->PO--etc

Availability control can only be activated after BUDG.

Problem--> a. System allows to release WBS before BUDG.

b. System allows to create PR, PO, GR without budget.

How can we restrict user to not to create PR, PO without budget, except user status control.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

If you are using only the Budget functionality and not the Budget release, then you can assign User status and lock WBS getting released and also prevent users creating the Material PR /PO by locking them. This user status initially should be something like ZCRT, which prevents the users from doing the above. When the budget is assigned you can auto set the user status to ZREL which will allow System status REL and also allow Users to perform these functions.

Regards,

Balachandar L

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot to all of you guys Ankur, Gokul, Hemanat, Sudhakar and Balachandra.

Let me implement the suggestion of Ankur the SAP NOTE one, if it will work according to the business well and good.

Otherwise I will go to the user status control. Definitely I will revert you back guys the final result.

Regards

Ranjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

All are good solutions provided by our friends. Still you are not satisfied then choose another options to have it from configuration. In SPRO>Network profile change the setting to 1 (never release) - OPUU.

Let PM decide when to release the component to have PR in the system. PM will release individual component from component overview screen as and when required.

I suggest you to go with implementing user status that would be better option.

Regards,

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your reply. If PM is the responcible person He can REL without BUDG AVAC rt?

I will give you more detail on this, Project creation to project release is handalled by one depratment and they are making mistakes as user has to release around 3500 project so this requirement is to not to make mistake as well as control.

Can we restrict system to Project Release  before AVAC, means system should allow project release only when there is AVAC is active.

Appriciate your reply. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

All i can say is Hemant, Ankur, Sudhakar and myself have given you different solutions to achieve what you need. And all these solutions are very easy to implement.

You cant stick to your constraints and need to compromise somewhere. I would suggest you to go for the user status option, which is the best of the lot. You can also check out the user exit option as suggested by Hemant. But that would involve technical expertise.

Go ahead with the user status option. Atleast try it out once and then come back.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you are standing at cross roads and its your call. Identifying the business needs and goals and second point is available options to acheive it.

You have lot of options available with you. Try in sand box system and realise yourself which is best one. That is what Gokul is saying try it and come back with your expected resultes so that members will provide further inputs if any.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

If you dont want to user user Status , the other option is to use user exit in PR and PO, which will check WBS status in JEST and allow creation of PR,PO if status BUDG is active.

Regards,

Hemant

0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your reply.I suppose if we control the PROJECT RELEASE then later on PR PO etc would controlled. So can we have the control over the project release.We want to do it at whole system level, it should not be at a particular project or ID, as user is processing around 3500 project release in a month.

Appriciate your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Even if the system status is CRTD system will allow you to create PR,PO. Since your requirement is that there should not be any PR, Po created unless Budget is given to the WBS.

As stated earlier you can use the user exit in PR and PO that will check the status of WBS , this  will make sure that unless your WBS has system status is BUDG no PR or PO will be created.

But here there will be  a problem if you proj is in CRTD stage and Budget is allocated then system will allow to create PR . If this is ok with you then its fine if not , then you can have a initial user status for WBS which will be active at CRTD and will be deleted at release , which will have all account assignement and purchasing forbidden.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

You can follow what Ankur has mentioned in his post above and control the locking of account assignment using authorizations i.e. lets say you are the only person who is authorized to lock the account assignment and no one else can do this activity. You can talk to your basis guys about this.

Regards,

Gokul

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

As the same department is working on from Project creation to project release.

So its not we want to restrict any body.

the requirement is to correct the user mistake.

How can we make an error message when we release project without AVAC?  

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Why don't you Lock the account assignment of concerned WBS? Try it.

path is: edit> status> lock> account assignment. And unlock it after budgeting.

Regards

Ankur

0 Kudos

Ankur, thanks for your reply,

Business user releasing the on an average 3500 project in a month,

one by one we can acticate the AVAC it would work, or we can lock it would work,

But here the user missed some projects to put budget and they are releasing, later on problem is getting reflected in fixed asset.

Problem is how can we cofigure the system so that, system will not allow us to release the project without AVAC.  

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

If you talk about control on some business transactions based on system status' then user status is the best option.

However,You can use a user exit to activate the availability control for the  order or for the project without any existing budget as described in SAP note 599813     .

Also check Note 602588.