Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing Excise Part II?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing some problem in excise and it is really testing my patience.....

When my user is trying to post Part II he is getting this error "Credit Allowed cannot be greater than defaulted 0.00" because of which he is unable to post the Excise Invoice. I have checked that everything is maintained and is fine. Then why the system is not showing duties under the column of "credit Available" and if we are trying to put in the amount there system is coming up with the above error. Also, system is showing the duties under the column of "Inventorized duty'.

Please help me asap as it is very urgent....

Thanks in advance....

Thanks and Regards

Sachin

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check part I and GRN cancelled or not. If GRN reversal and you try to post part II, then it is not possible to post. Also check your excise invoice part I updated or not. GRN reference number.

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

No, that is not a problem I have checked it thoroughly. Then please suggest as to why this has happened in the system.

Thanks for you reply....

Kindly suggest....

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

While posting 'Part 2', system checks the corresponding 'Part 1' entries. Check the following points,

1) Part 1 tab in goods receipt with serial no

2) Excise duty conditions in the PO for the tax code. It should be credit conditions. For ex. JMOP for BED.

3) Accounting entry at goods receipt. Check the GR/IR account amount. Does it includes excise duty amount ? If yes, then excise duty amount is loaded on the material cost due to inventorize conditions in PO tax code.

Solution is to cancel the goods receipt and post again with excise duty credit conditions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Check Tax conditions in PO. I think you have selected inventorizable condition (JMIP) in PO. This will not allow Part II posting.

Thanks

ig

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is problem in your tax code.

Pls check and compare two tax codes. This one and another wherein duties were find. Compare the conditions. Then in FV 12, correct the condition.

Sometimes, the error is there if you reverse part 1 and try to post part ii for previous entry.

Whatever is the issue, root cause is only one-Human error. Correct it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all Shailesh, Iglesis and Nilesh... for your valuable replies..

Unfortunately, I have checked all the ways you have guided me but I found nothing....

I do agree with Nilesh that root cause would be human error.

Thanks again...

Regards

Sachin

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in J1IEX > display if the duty values are appearing against credit due column at item level.

Regards,

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bindra for your reply....

Duties are not reflecting there I have checked it before....

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

During goods receipt, check whether user has selected the 'Non-cenvatable' option under the item excise tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure, there is nothing wrong with system. Its human error. It takes weeks to trace human error but few hrs to identify missing configuration.

0 Kudos

Thanks to Shailesh and Nilesh for you valuable and quick replies...

Shailesh, I have checked GR is fine....

Nilesh, Yes, I too strongly agree that it is due to the human error as I have personally tried to post but everything is coming fine.

Thanks to all of you for your replies once again....

Regards

Sachin