Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to enter a record in SAP table using SE16

Hi,

I want to know what is there a simple way to maintain an entry in a SAP standard table.

Basically it is one of the CRM table. Where there was only one entry was available.

By mistake I went and deleted the 1 record from the table using debugg and CODE = DELE.

Now I realized that I need to maintain back that entry in that table. However I realized that

using debug mode it is not possible. Debugg method is possible only when atleast one

record exist in the table.

Could some one suggest a simple way to maintain the entry. However I want to mention

that I don't have developer access.Which will take another 1 week to get.So pl. don't suggest

to write a program for inserting the record.

I know there is another complex method available using SAP - Query and Infoset(we can write the ABAP

program). Using that we can mange this situation without developer access. However I am not good in that.

So if some know how to do , it will be good.

I really appreciate if any one who can suggest simple and nice solution.

Thanks & Br

mathi

Former Member
replied

Right now, I don't have access to a CRM 7.0 box but since SE16 belongs to basis component, its behavior should be uniform whether it is CRM 7.0 or ECC 6.0

I created a test table ZTV_TEST in my ECC 6.0 sandbox with two fields MANDT and VKORG and when I enter this table in SE16, it automatically generated a program with name /1BCDWB/DBZTV_TEST. Inside this program, there is this SELECT statement

SELECT * FROM ZTV_TEST
   APPENDING TABLE IZTV_TEST

UP TO RSEUMOD-TBMAXSEL ROWS BYPASSING BUFFER
     WHERE VKORG IN I1.

So in your case, there should be a program by name similar to /1BCDWB/DB<your table name>. You can open this program in SE38 put a break point on this SELECT statement and execute SE16 to trigger the debugger and follow my instructions as above.

2 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question