cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of an agreement from Rfx which is not awarded yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client wants to keep some Rfx phases out of the system. A Rfx will be created and approved but further steps like (vendors, questions and an award process will be outside the system. Based on such Rfx client needs to create an agreement entering awarded vendor and trade conditions manually.

As far as I can see it's not possible to create an agreement from not awarded Rfx (only contract).

Is there any possibility to do this?  If standard doesn't provide this I'm just wondering about adding  customization toolbar "create agreement" to Rfx and scriping. Is it a good direction?

Any suggestion very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

You are right . we can,t create agreement from RFx which is not yet awarded . The only option which would be available would be to create Contract.

Workaround:

1. Once you have  taken the Supplier responses and done awarding outside the System. you should do surrogate bidding for the supplier within the RFx ( to whom u have awarded the RFx outside the system).

For Surrogate Bidding: Click over Supplier name .. go to the contacts Tab>> Select Supplier Contact Name >> Click over Action tab >> Login as the Supplier.

Enter The Supplier offline response in the system.

Close the RFx and Award the RFx to the Supplier whose bid u have entered in the system. Then create MA for tht Supplier.

2. The Other way, I would suggest that if you are doing all the process like Supplier responses , Awarding outside the System. Then you should directly enter the metadata in Master Agreement by clicking Contract management>> Agreements>>Create master Agreements.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for reply. I consider these workarounds however I'm not happy with them. I'm just wondering why not awarded Rfx doesn't allow an agreement creation while project does. What is a logic here?

What about customization toolbar on Rfx and scripting? Do you think it's possible?

Thanks,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Project : project is basically used to organizes multiple sourcing events and ensures consistent buying discipline. One Project can have certain phase which would require floating RFx, or Creating Master Agreement etc.it is used for collaborating with collaborators and tracking the cost. it is more sort of used for managing all rfx , MA , Contract related with one projects.

While RFx is a Sourcing event and involve Extenal Users as well.The Sourcing Event must be awarded before the Master Agreement can be created from it. As master agreement should be created at the conclusion of an Sourcing event only i.e at the award scenario.

I am not sure about customization part for RFx and Scripting . But in my opinion, Even if it is possible , it would be difficult to realize the same....

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sushant