Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get same result as IE's REFRESH action

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

my_WDA is launching in SAP portal. I want to have the result like the same as when user clicks F5 / Refresh button on the IE browser, my requirement is i need to put a push button on the MAIN view with a lable of REFRESH THE SCREEN where in if user clicks this push button then the IE's F5/Refresh action/result should happen for the user, pls. let me know how can achieve this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To achieve this Use EXIT Plug and in onAction of Refresh button fire the exit plug with the current application URL.

check this reference doc: Using Exit Plug in WDA In the fire exit plug pass the URL parameter as current application url.

Or

You can use invalidate() method of context node to clear the contents.

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I normally do this with the second method Kiran mentions. By calling wd_context->invalidate( ), all nodes of the context are re-initialized and their supply functions called again.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

Actually, this question is not relevent to the my original posting, question is,

We are opening a standard SAP webdynpro app (which is based on FPM), its opening fine, well (at this point its HTTP), the moment we click any button / click any link to URL / any tab page then, we are getting log-on dialog every time, once we supply creadentials we are reaching our wanting page (at this point its HTTPS) Some other webdynpro apps are working fine without any issues

By chance do you have any clue that why its turning from HTTP to HTTPS? We have web-dispatcher in place

We checked CIF settings, they looks ok to us

When you get a chance pls. let us know

Thank you

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

You'll want to reach out to your Basis team or whoever manages the app servers and the web dispatcher since this behavior is configured at the server level. In the meantime, are you able to launch the application using HTTPS from the start instead of launching using HTTP?

Cheers,

Amy

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Amy.

The moment we login very first time, we will get a index page with HTTP, then we select something, then we will get dashboard (ALV), untilt this is HTTP, working well, once we do any action (button clicking, link clicking, Tab page clciking) then log-on check is popping up and then turning to HTTPS

Just curioussity, onve it turned to HTTPS, then we removed 'S' and refreshed (F5) then again we got HTTPS!

The answer for your question is: We are not doing anything, i mean, we logging in, then index page is launching with HTTP then, we are selectiong an item on index page, then we are redirecting dashboard with HTTP, here if we do any action, the we are getting log-on check popup

Thank you