Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration export

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How to export the java stuff from the filesystem? What are the steps to be taken care?If am putting the installation CD in  the running system for system export, Is there any failure will happen?

Error showing for system copy "SAP:JMIG:701:::* but need the label SAP:MIGJDMP:701:::*"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are selecting the LABEL.ASC inside the JAVA folder.

Please navigate inside JAVA folder -> and check whether you are seeing JDMP . If yes, navigate inside it and point SAPINST to LABEL.ASC file inside JDMP folder.

Sample path for you.

/EXPORTDISC/<SID>/JAVA/JDMP

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

The said path was there SOLMAN_JAVA_EXPORT_JDMP, But it was not taking from the JDMP path, Its asking for migration export DVD.

Regards Prathish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the attached pictures and confirm whether you selected the correct option.

As well as please let us know what are the folders are inside the  JAVA Folder.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vimal,

My platform is WINDOWS+MSSQL. In your screen for exporting you selected Export preparation,RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!, I selected DATABASE AND CENTRAL EXPORT. After moving to the first screen i got error.

So i directly copied the database and restored the database in MSSQL, After that i went for SYSTEMCOPY and select SYSTEM IMPORT-MSSQL-CENTRAL INSTANCE. After giving the initial parameters and everything i got stucked with the MIGRATION EXPORT(Screen attached).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER SQL IS UP AND RUNNING.

Ok. I think I got it.

During SAPINST screens , it will prompt for two options, one is  stand system copy and other homogenous sytem copy.

You need to choose second option. Please confirm whether you chose that.

I have attached the screenshot for your reference. In the screenshot , i have selected first option since I used backup and restore method. BUT IN  YOUR CASE YOU NEED TO USE SECOND OPTION.

I REPEAT CHOOSE SECOND OPTION AND CONTINUE

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

I used the second option only.

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

If you have team viewer, you can check the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Please share your Team Viewer ID

Can you please send me the screenshot you have taken so far?

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vimal,

You have gmail ID.

Team viewer:ID-394666620

Password:2685

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As discussed, please take a export and try to mport...

I believe it will work in this way and easier way. PLEASE DELETE THE  DB CREATED IN THE TARGET SYSTEM before starting the export.

If u have ABAP alone, you can use backup and restore method, since there is also java, please try export and import method.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vimal,

Thanks for the BIG HAND for troubleshooting this error.We have to do the system copy for ABAP+JAVA systems, then only all java files will be exported to new system.

Answers (0)