cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired user show up in cross system Risk Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have set GRC Risk Analysis to ignore expired users.

But when doing a user level RA against a cross system (A.SAP ERP and B.SAP SRM) where a user is expired in system A and valid
in system B the user is listed in the result view.

If doing the same RA against single system A the user won´t be listed due to setting "ignore expired users".

Only if user is expired in both system A and B the result of a user level RA against the cross system for this user will be empty.

But if a user is expired in system A how should he/she execute the critical business activity reported per user level RA? For this user must be valid and active in both systems to execute activities of the reported cross system SOD.

Per SAP Support this behaviour is standard.

Does anyone have same experience with cross system RA and migth have any idea about a work around?

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I agree with your observations on a technical level, as being disabled on one system in theory would/should not realise the risk.

However, if the role assignments on the disabled/expired account are still valid and if a scenario takes place where the account is enabled again (out of chance and/or without thinking), then obviously the risk being potentially realised are odds-on. It should be remembered the Risk Analysis reports potential risk scenarios as a preemptive tool, rather than a proactive or post-event tool, i.e. according to the risk analysis, that risk is still possible as the access combination still exists in the landscape.

In many organisations, the best practice for an expired account is to have the role assignments removed from the User ID. If this approach is considered, then the obvious cross system risks would not be reported in such situations.

I hope the answer helps in understanding your situation.