cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically map Catalog Area IDs?

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we are trying to map the catalogue area ID for a product to the catalogue area ID field of the Product Catalogue Items. The problem is we are unable to find a way to automatically map these values, and with a large number of product categories, we need to be able to do that.

We have tried two mapping variants:

1) Map the catalogue area ID directly to the MDM catalogue area ID:

When we do that, we can map automatically, but for some reason we end up with no mapped values.

2) Map the catalogue area ID field to the catalogue area tuple:

When we do that, auto mapping doesn't work, and we have to manually perform the data mapping, which in our case is over 600 entries. We do however end up with the correct result.

So my question is: is there a way to automatically map the catalogue area ID in scenario 2), so we do not have to perform the manual mapping 600 times?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I would recommend maintaining approrpiate remote keys values (same as they are coming from the source file) for both of the scenarios.

This should help automap values.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

One suggestion i would give you is that For Lookup field "Description" under "Catalogue Area" please do not make it as Display field. In MDM Console do not select this field as display field.

Then your second scenario should work and auto-mapping will happen because then only value of Catalogue Area ID will appear for mapping i.e. 0000001867 and not the combination of Description and area ID(SUODATTIMET, 0000002028). Please check if you are able to do this and test few scenarios.

Please get back to me in case you face any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony

Sure, if you get new value you can't map it automatically but you can configure your import to add all new values to special hierarchy branch in your repository and then you can launch WF where you can select just records with new values and processing it.

Another way

In your PI you can use proxy which will save new records to your repository directly through MDM API (Java or ABAP)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka