Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the performance trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We use the SAP HANA Studio(sps04 v35)

We run Performance trace.

But do not understand the How to read it.

Would you like please tell us how to read the performance trace.

thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Akihiro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure but I think that you could download file and try open it with KCachegrind

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there.

Unfortunately the performance trace is only readable with unsupported developer tools.

That's very similar to the kernel profiler trace - it's really only useful for the HANA core engine developers.

However, instead of the performance trace, use the Plan Visualization feature.

It provides most of the information of the performance trace and you get a nice integration into HANA studio.

For details check the current documentation (http://help.sap.com/hana_appliance) and e.g. my blog

- Lars

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

There is a presentation from Chaim Bendelac on Performance analysis which provides a very high level overview of the performance trace.

That document also mentions about a tool "QPic" which seems to be available internally for SAP. The screenshots from the tool usage are very interesting and it is the kind of information we all are looking for.

Is there any plan to make the tool public.

Regards,

Ravi

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm not aware about any plans to make this or other internal tools public (yet).

But why don't you simply ask Chaim about it?

Knowing the internals tools (a little bit) I do most of my work with what comes with HANA.

That means PlanViz and monitoring views. Works for me...

- Lars