cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do document options refer to xml generated by SY521 activity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking for an in depth description of the relation between the options on document options tab in document maintenance and the xml that is generated when printing the document: which option relates to which node(s) in the xml?

Does anyone know if such an documenation exists?

I need this for analyses of why we do not get any data in the DATA_BY_SFC.SFC_DATA.ITEM_DATA node of the xml even though all options on on document options tab are selected.

Can anyone help?

best regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ulrike,

1. I believe you are using as in ADS Print activity for document which has .xdp template attached ?

2. In which location do you see XML documents ? As far as i know, If the document is using .xdp template,It just creates pdf in temporary folder  if that setting has been made in ME.

3. I am also using SY521 activity for loftware document, what i have observed is,if the data available for that SFC corresponding to what you have checked in data maintenance,then only it writes the data into .pas file.

For example: Even though you have checked NC code data in document maintenance, And your SFC did not have any nc created. Sy521 doesn't write nc code data into .pas file.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

1. yes

2. in the same temprorary folders where the pdf can be found. The xml is updated with every print job

3. do you know which document option relates to DATA_BY_SFC.SFC_DATA.ITEM_DATA? And have you experienced any cases where the option relating tp that data was checked but no data was sent to the file?

Thanks

Ulrike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

Doesn't this How-To Guide contain the information you are looking for?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I've been through that document. It is really good. It just seems that the chapters 6.2 to 6.24 don't have a 1:1 relationship to the document options in document maintenance?

How to Guide                                        Document Options

SFC Header Data                                    SFC Header

SFC Data                                              SFC Data

Shop Order Header Data                      Shop Order Header Data

Shop Order Custom Data                     Shop Order Custom Data

Material Custom Data                            Material Custom Data

BOM Header Data                                  BOM Header Data

BOM Component Data                           BOM Component Data

BOM Assembly Metrics                          BOM Assembly Metrics

BOM Component Assembly Data

Router Data                                              Routing Data

Operation Custom Data                          Operation Custom Data

Work Instruction Data                               Work Instruction Data

NC Code Data                                             NC Data

NC Code Reference Designator Data

NC Code Assembly Data

NC Code Custom Data                               NC Code Custom Data

Parametric Data                                         Parametric Data

SFC Pack Data                                         SFC Pack Data

Container Header Data                             Container Header Data

Container Assembly Metrics                     Container Assembly Metrics

Container Custom Data                            Container Custom Data

Document Data

Document Custom Data                            Document Custom Data

Also the How To Guide sais that in some cases it also depends on the print by value. However I cant't find a description of these cases.

Do you know where to get the missing information?

Thanks

Ulrike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for not an ideal document, like anything else in this world, but that's all we have for now.

I would expect the GUI options closest by meaning to turn on the extra options mentioned in the guide.

If not, it might be a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ulrike,

I doubt that there is such a detailed documentation unless it's an internal design document. At least I'm not aware of it. The behaviour you described looks like a bug. Thus I would recommend to narrow down the area of the issue (i.e. try to reproduce with only 1 specific option selecteed) and submit a support ticket.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

I will do some further testing to narrow down the area.

Do you have a hint which document options might refer to DATA_BY_SFC.SFC_DATA.ITEM_DATA so I don't have to start the tests from zero?

Are there any plans to extend the current documentation? For label design with Adobe LiveCycle Designer it would be quite important to know in which cases (document options) which data is included in the xml.

Thanks

Ulrike