Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutomer Specifications in lot

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We have a scenario where on receiving a order from the customer if the customer has asked for some special specifications for the material then during quality inspection for the same after receving it from production , we inspect those specifications along with MIC attached in our inspection plan . Here problem I am facing is how to include those specification in lot .

I know this we can capture by copying specifications from Sales order to lot by using class characterstics . But I think that is possible when variant config is there . But here there is no variant config.

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PM,

My understanding of the issue, Correct if I am mistaken,

1. You have defined 3 parameters of inspection say LENGTH, WIDTH and DIA in inspection plan for material XYZ.
  2. You regularly inspect the material with above 3 parameters when you receive the lot from production. I guess you inspect here with 04 inspection type.
  3. Now if the customer precisely mentions to incorporate additionally 2 parameters say OD and ID you want a mechanism to address this.
  4. Here frequency varies. That means some of you lot should contain 3 and some should contain 5 MICs.

You can use unplanned inspection characteristics here. Your inspection plan should be of 3 parameters which are regularly required. After lot generation when you click on result recording you will find these 3 parameters. Now if you want to add 2 more, you can click on   symbol to create additional MIC locally.

Regards, Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieved this scenario as below-

Activate Inspection type 10 (Insp. for delivery to cust. (w/ order)) in Material Master.

When you do PGI for the material, system will ask for Inspection of material.

Here you can assign customer wise spec. & you can record the results as per customer speci.