cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA32 Reqd characteristics still open need to be error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

In QA32 i am doing directly UD without result recording.while selecting the UD code in usage decision it is showing a confirmation prompt as following

"Reqd characteristics still open! Do you want to force inspection completion?.

I want this to be an error ,it should not allow Usage decission without result recording.I tried by creating  User Profile(by copying QM_L_003) that Prevents the UD When the Result Recording is Incomplete but not able to achieve please help.

Thanks,

Shanmuga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

Attach the status profile QM_L_003 to your inspection type and u can achieve this.

regards,

Murali Maganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read below link and follow the procedure to restrict UD without doing RR.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Set+up+of+a+user+profile+to+avoid+the+UD+prior+to+RR

Regards / US

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear uma shankar,

I did the same explained in the link which you provoided but it is not working.

please help.i have assigned the QM_UDZ01" to the Inspection Type 01 but it is not working

what else i should do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fire Fighter and Murali krishna

I tried by using QM_L_003 directly for inspection type 01 it is not working.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there is any way to control this by authorization by basis? please suggest.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something must be different or not set up right in your system as the user status's QM_L_003 does work and many people have used it and it is SAP provided.  No idea why it's not working for you.  You do see the status profile assigned in the inspection lot in QA03 correct?

You can use authoriazation object Q_INSP_FIN .  This will prevent a user from doing  a force closure on required characteristics and thus the UD.

If you go that route, it will apply to ALL inspection lots the a user tries to process,  not just a particular inspection  type.  That's why the status profile is better as it can be assigned by inspection type.

Make sure you give the auhtorization to key user or manager so when you have problems, someone will be able to force close the necessary characteristics.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why did you copy QM_L_003?  Why didn't you just use it?

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuga, check whether this link is useful. It states the similar requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/message/5615627

Regards, Anand