cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate CVCs and Key Figure: Sales Volume (last month) (Dataload from 2 Systems?!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello SAP-Experts!

i am a junior conuslting and hafe to face a problem with the customizing of my apo-dp.

probably i do make a mind mistake.. but i am sure you guys can help me out.

We have 3 Systems:

1) BW-System

2) ERP-System

3) APO-System

So far I want to generate the characteristic value combinations (CVCs) from my ERP into my APO with using a Generic Datasource and transferring these into an Infoprovider (APO-System).

I have one Key Figure called "Sales Volume" which should contain the sales volume of the last months. The Information about the Sales Volume (former days)is saved in my BW-System but i want to generate my CVCs from my ERP-System.

So: in my eyes the Generic Datasource has to contain all characteristics and the Key Figure: Sales Volume - because the the sales volume is linked to the CVCs.

So.. to make it short:

Is it possible to generate the CVCs and include the Sales Volume from another system (Generic Datasource with Datafields from to different systems)? Respectively: is it possible to create the CVCs and add the Sales Volume in another step?

I need your help in this regard and do really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance,

holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

It is very much possible to create CVC's from system1 (or source1) and get sales volume from system2 and save them in different cubes in APO BW.

Your generic data source need NOT contain ALL the characteristics and key figures. You can have mutiple generic data sources and have this update Infocube1 and 2 as single data source is probably too difficult to manage sometimes.

You will then decide which infocube to use to create CVC for the MPOS which in itself is an Infocube but in APO DP "system". So as I understand you will use  CVC's from data that you procured from system1.

Now you will have to copy "sales volume" from system 2 that you stored in another Infocube. right ?.

So the only caution you need to take is when you copy data from your Sales volume infocube to Planning Area, your source and target Characteristics are mapped correctly. i.e. you will use the program /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to copy your sales volume from Infocube to Planning area

The BARE minimum condition is that atleast one characteristic should match between MPOS and the Infocube that has your sales volume data.. this makes sense right ?.  i.e. your infocube that has your sales volume say has PRODUCT as one of the characteristic in any one dimension. So your MPOS that has CVC's linked to the planning area to which you are copying the data, should have PRODUCT too.

Of course more the match, better is the quality and integrity of data and the operations on it in the DP planning book.

Hope this makes things clear.

If you wish, you can create CVC's from the infocube that contains sales volume too, provided you are able to store all data that you have in Master data infocube in the former. This may be posssible in your case as well by ensuring that your MPOS has a SUBSET of characteristics that are included in the infocube for sales volume.

This can avoid confusion later and make things easy to understand for everybody who is working on the system.

But there are other considerations that should motivate your design. e.g. possible size of data in infocube, possible number of CVC's etc as choices made at start of project can long term consequences. One of the consequence is performance. General rule.. less CVC's, less key figures means faster performance on SDP94 that planners will use eventually. You dont want them to curse you for bad speed after you have left the scene 🙂

Let me know if this is clear now. I can elaborate again if need be.

Thanks

BORAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow.. this is perfect!

I dont know what to say..  maybe: Thank You!

Answers (0)