cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Upgrade from 7.0 to 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

I have to perform EHP5 upgrade on ECC6.0 system, but before that I need to upgrade SOLMAN to 7.0 EHP1, please guide me where can I get the required softwares like SPS17 for Java stack and ABAP stack and SPS until EHP1 on the OSS portal. Please provide any link for the OSS for these softwares as I tried to find but couldn't get. Following are the software components of the SOLMAN system.

Component version SAP Solution Manager 4.0

SAP_BASIS 700 0014

SAP_ABA 700 0014

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0014

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006

SAP_BW 700 0016

SAP_AP 700 0011

BBPCRM 500 0011

CPRXRPM 400 0011

BI_CONT 703 0008

ST 400 0015

ST-A/PI 01K_CRM560 0000

ST-ICO 150_700 0013

ST-SER 700_2008_1 0000

Kernel release 700

Sup.Pkg lvl 179

Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64

MSSQL 2005

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you can receive the data files for solman update in SAP service marketplace via link http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks. Here, select solution manager 7.0. In the popup you can select the sp stack your system is already running with as well as your target stack (for EhP 1 you will need at least support package stack 18, right now stack 30 is already available). Keep in mind that with SPS 23 large corrections and additional features were provided - also in the area of Change Management (Maintenance Optimizer).

To calculate the necessary files for your EHP5 upgrade you will need to keep maintenance optimizer up to date. Have a look at the general solman collective notes for the support package you will implement, e.g.:

Note 1172948 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions

Note 1334252 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP20 and SP21

Note 1405878 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP22 to SP26
Note 1468591 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP25 to SP27

Note 1635809 - SAP Solution Manager - Basic function SP 28 or higher

Regards, RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your participation. I can see that there is no SPS23 for EHP1 in the target stack. I heard that SPS23 is minimum for EHP1 update. Please suggest if I could directly goto SPS30.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I remember with SPS 18 the SAP_BASIS component was upgarded from 700 to 701 which was announced as Enhancement Package 1.. That step was not easy; we had a number of problems this time. Anyway, there should be no problem going directly to SPS 30. The portal provides all data up to stack 30 and generates the corresponding stack.xml file. Keep in mind to update also the JVM and the SAP kernel to at least relese 7.20..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shall I update the SAP kernel to 7.20 before starting EHP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update kernel in any way in EhP1 update process. Therefore it makes sense to update your kernel to supported release 7.20. But you can use 7.01 release if can download it from SAP.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

Hope you are doing good.If you check the list of components for SOLMAN then is it possible for me to do EHP1 update from the current SOLMAN using the maintenance optimizer. If yes could you please guide me how should I start with as I haven't used MOPZ earlier.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

With MOPZ you can only automatically calculate download queue. Then you download these packages you need to use SAINT/JSPM tools to update your SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to EhP1.

Regards,

Roman

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Stack 18 is currently archived, you could not select it nowadays if you tried.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The best option is http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

Doing the downloads with a Solution Manager SP14 is painful.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The best is to use the 'Stack download and side effect report' link on http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

Trying to configure Maintenance Optimizer in Solution Manager 7.0 SP14  will be slow and might prove futile.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 stacks up to SP25 have been recently archived, so SP26 is the earliest possible target stack. What you see in the SP stack download tool in the marketplace is correct.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clarke,

Hope you are doing good. I will have to configure the MOPZ on SOLMAN as there are many other upgrades or updates in line after this. Therefore MOPZ is required for that. Thanks for your participation and pls suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (0)