Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in FI with different GL code in Travel Management

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have created travel expense types  for travel management for Bangladesh. I need to do FI posting based on trip activity types & trip location.

There is different GL codes-

GL Account Number      Description

611069                         Training & Development- International

611070                         Training & Development- Local

621141                         Board Meeting Expense

621120                         Travelling & Lodging - Local

621121                         Travelling & Lodging - International

113112                         Cash Advance

Trip activity types-

1. Training

2. Board meeting

3. others

Travel expense types-

1Travel fare Local
2Airfare International
3Airfare Local paid
4Board Meeting Expense
5Breakfast
6Dinner
7Entertainment
8Hotel Expense  Paid
9Hotel Expense
10Travel fare – International
11Laundry
12Lunch
13Other
14Other Paid
15Parking, Tolls
16Private Share, Paid
17Pay Back Private Share
18Car Rental
19Taxi,Bus,Local Conveyance
20Telephone, Fax
21In city allowance for training
22Out city allowance fr training
23Rail Expense  Paid
24Train Expense
25Mile/Km Flat Rate
26Company Vehicle
29Hire Vehicle
30Personal Vehicle
31Accomodation Per Diem
32Meals per diem
33Cash Advance Payment
34Advance

Now my client wants to FI posting based on trip activity types & Location of trip

Point1. If i am travelling to International for training  then all the travel  expense type will get posted in  611069

Point 2: if i am travelling to local for training then all my travel  expense type will get posted in 611070

Point 3: if i am travelling to local for others reson then all my expense type will get posted in 621120

Point4: if i am travelling to international for other reason then all my  expense types will get posted in 621121

Point5. for board meeting all the expense types will get posted in 621141

I want to use BADI TRIP_POST_FI   for the posting in FI.

Kindly suggest me , how to write logic for this or any other way  which can be posted in FI in different GL code based on trip activity types & trip location

Best regards

Anwar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SreekanthKrishn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar,

You can change the G/L account by using the method MODIFY_PTRV_DOC_IT method of the TRIP_POST_FI BADI.

Let me know if this is answer is helpful and do let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

Thanks for your reply. How to maintain different GL code in SAP ,means which table should i maintain different GL code.

my requirement , Expense type must be posted in FI based on trip location & trip activity types. So pls guide me logic behind this posting

SreekanthKrishn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar,

You want some custom logic for GL account selection?

In that case, you can create a custom table and maintain these values (GL, trip loc, trip activity type, etc..).

PS: Pls reward points if you find the reply helpful.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

Thanks for your reply. Yes i need some custom logic for GL code selection. I have assigned wage type with symbolic account in table t706k. there is each symbolic account  for each wage type.

Now i have doubt that in HRT , there i need to maintain GL code with Symbolic acoount

lets say +01 ie 101 to GL code 6749382 like this

. Now when i will use this badi TRIP_POST_FI ,  for posting in FI, how do maintain in HRT as i have different GL account there. so its not one to one post.

Kindly suggest me this point. if you dnt mind can you share me your  mail id

Thanks in advance

Best regards

anwar

SreekanthKrishn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar,

I guess we should be approaching this problem in a technical way.

These are the things you might want to do.

1. Let the system take whatever GL account it is using right now.

2. Create a table to maintain Gl account, location and other details.

3. Implement the BADI TRIP_POST_FI and inside that, change the GL account used by the system to your new GL account (from the custom table).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard for your need:

The value of the formal parameter USERS in the routine FORM EXB706K in include RPREX010 of RPRFIN00 is used to read table T706K. Since the parameter USERS is initial in the standard system, the field T706K-USERS also has to be initial in the standard system.

You have the option to use the user exit in this routine to set values for the formal parameter USERS (for example, depending on trip data) which are used when table T706K is read. This makes it possible to differentiate the symbolic account assignment to a greater extent than in the standard system.