cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load profit center hierarchy into HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru:

What is the best way to load the profit center hierarchy in ECC into HANA?

We use SLT and the transaction data could be replicated perfectly, just we are wondering how to get the hierarchy into HANA? Can we use SLT?

Thanks.

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi please refer to my document,

I have explained it for cost center hierarchy, but you can implement for other standard hierarchies by changing simple things in the code. Go through the document you will be able to create profit center hierarchy, you can put ur comments for any queries on the document page

0 Kudos

last question is also my question: how would you use this data to restrict a measure by a node in the hierarchy in your HANA model?

Anyone having more details on posibilities for this? Thnx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerben -

The solution I reached is not ideal, but it works (sort of). I restricted the measure by each node in the hierarchy relevant to that measure. So if you have multiple levels (like most hiearchies) you can't use the top level and have the lower level nodes flow in. You have to use each lower level node as a restriction.

It helps a little with creating restricted measures based on hierarchies - as adding accounts to existing nodes will flow into the restriction, but doesn't have the full functionality like BEx. Anytime nodes shift around, you have to edit the measure again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and HANA Studio, can anyone please guide me on how to implement standard
cost center/profit center hierarchy in HANA Studio database using SETLEAF,
SETNODE AND SETHEADER
? I will need to implement this in attribute view
and connect it to GLPCA for GR55 profit and Loss statement report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

You can build  profit center, or any other hierarchies (reporting set) in SAP HANA, using both options (SETNODE/SETLEAF and SETHANAHIER* tables). SETHEADERT table is just a text description for the SETs.

Option 1

You need to use SETCLASS field in SETNODE table (and SETLEAF table) as filters where

0101 = Cost Center Groups

0102 = Cost Element Groups

0103 = Order Groups

0106 = Profit Center Groups

0107 = Account Groups

Option 2

You can also use SETHANAHIER9999 where '9999' is the SETCLASS above, i.e. SETHANAHIER0101 for cost center groups.

The difference between SETNODE/SETLEAF and SETHANAHIER  as below

SETNODE / SETLEAFSETHANAHIER
Groupingautomatic generation when set is maintained (i.e. KSH2, KAH2)manually generated
SETCLASSAllspecific to SETCLASS, i.e. 0101
Node/Leafseparate table for the node(s) and leaf(s)

both node and leaf in one table

I am sending you a screen shot of the reporting set for reference. I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Can you share the Hierarchy Screenshot and how hierarchy looks in Excel

SETNAME column of SETNODE table contains all the Nodes while SETNAME column of SETLEAF table contains only the last node and values

So lets say I have a hierarchy that has multiple nodes, then how would it work

Regards,

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shreepad,

All the nodes, with subsets are included in SETNAME field in SETNODE table. SETNAME in SETNODE becomes the parent and SETNAME (joined to SUBSET in SETNODE) in SETLEAF is the child. You can define this hierarchy relationship in the semantics.

Please note that you have to set the join as LEFT OUTER to get all those SETNAMES without subsets in SETLEAF.

Here's the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread has been incredibly helpful - now for the next question: How would you use this data to restrict a measure by a node in the hierarchy in your HANA model?

p1024029
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Joey,

I have tried to create parent-child hierarchy as per your suggestion. i can see the data in data preview but i cant see the same parent-child hierarchy in MDX excel.

DATA MODEL:

JOIN:

Semantics:

Could please suggest what is missing?

Thanks,

NB

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Naresh,

You're highjacking an old discussion thread here

Please create a question instead of reviving old threads.

Thanks for understanding.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric,

To the best of my knowledge there is no standard way to export hierarchies from ECC to HANA.

However, there is a custom program in BW to export hierarchy data intoa  flat file. Let me know if you need additional information on this. However, with this approach you will have to manually figure out how to mimic the hierarchy structure in  SAP HANA using the export file. For BW, there is a process to load this file...which BW guys use to move hierarchy across systems (Dev to qa and prod respectively.

HANA is not there yet when it comes to hierarchy....though...May be HANA 2.0 in the future will have new functionality.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

What is the best way to model hierarchy in HANA?

For example, profit center hierarchy, in ECC it has profit center group, one PC may belong to different group.

If I use level hierarchy, it won't work, as it one PC may in level 2 the other may in level 99.

If I use parent hierarchy, does it mean I need to create 1 parent/child fields for each profit center hierarchy?

Thanks.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Please see my reply below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any standard SAP interface to export the profit center hierarchy to HANA?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

there is no direct way of getting SAP hierachies into plain HANA.

When you run BW on HANA you could use the standard data loading facilities for that.

Other than that, there currently is no hierarchy support similar to NetWeaver or BW in HANA.

- Lars