cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 SP06. What is the new set of

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day:

I have been following the configuration document for the Installation and Upgrade of Solution Manager for Charm 7.1 SP03 available in SCN.  I found that in SP06, which we are using, there is an addition of steps under IT Service Management > Change Request Management > ... Step 3 used to be Copy of ransaction Types, but SAP changed the list and now 3 is Perform Standard Configuration, having the Copy of Transaction Types as a step there. 

There is a serie of steps I had not seen before and really do not know how to deal with them as the help is too vague. 

The steps I am referring to are:

1. Define Control Copy

2. Specify Mapping Rules

3. Define Proposals for Rel.Transactions

4. Set Up Process-Dependent Status Control

5. Tecnically Upgrade Products

With the idea of initially using the standard configuration, are those steps mandatory?  What are they for? I have not been able to find information on the web about 1 and 2, and again, that is new from what I saw before in an earlier SP.

Does anyone know where to get any documentation on how to deal with those steps.

Thanks and good night,

Juan-Carlos Garcia-Garavito

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

There is no need to create new transaction types etc if you are using standard SMIN type without any modification

if customization of status values or action or setting up new email action is required then only...create a new transaction type ZMIN or YMIN

Thus if you are  using standard SMIN transaction you don't need to perform all those but if you are planning to create a new one....lots of steps need to performed based upon requirement

hope it help

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for taking the time to reply Prakhar.  You seem to be a good contributor to the community a I see your phase in many places.

Well, we already copied the transactions types as seeing in the attached screenshot, but my question is really oriented towards the other actions on the new screen and actions that was introduced by SAP.

There is a serie of steps or actions I had not seen before and really do not know how to deal with them as the help is too vague. 

The steps I am referring to are:

1. Define Control Copy

2. Specify Mapping Rules

3. Define Proposals for Rel.Transactions

4. Set Up Process-Dependent Status Control

5. Tecnically Upgrade Products

I am not able to find any documentation on those ones.  In particular 1 and 2.  They came out of the blue with the new SOLMAN_SETUP for SP06, which differs from the SP03, which documentation process is available out there.    We want to know the impact of just skipping them and continuing with the rest of the configuration in SOLMAN_SETUP.  Thanks,  Juan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the appreciation and this is reason I stil provide my free support to SCN community over the past 7+ years

The steps you are referring are available in SPRO as well so if you can expand the Change Management node or just search for them and check the IMG settings you will get the idea

Define Control Copy

To do this, you enter a source tranaction type and a target transaction type,

and define the corresponding conditions for this combination.

Specify Mapping Rules

In this IMG activity you specify the rules for creating follow-on documents. The

copy rules refer to a source transaction type and a target transaction type. You

can use the control options to define which data the follow-on document

contains. For texts and dates, you have to define specific mapping rules;

otherwise these are not clearly assigned when copying.

Basically above 2 steps means you can define which routine to use and what needs to be copied

like e.g in Standard values are copied from SMIN to SMPR i.e Incident to Problem and you want to do that here so make as ZMIN to ZMPR as per your case

Hope it resolves the doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)