cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP component without suitable Technical Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Solution Manager 710 SP7 and received these warnings for six components that are installed on the portal.  This is supposed tro be corrected in LMDB but I am unable to locate where to correct this.  Appreciate a quick response.  I tried cotinuing but the updates are not being downloaded.

SAP PCUI_GP 603

SAP_ESS 603

SAP_MSS 603

BP ERP05 MSS 1.41

BP ERP05 ESS 1.41

BP ERP05 HR ADMINISTRATOR 1.41

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/blog/2012/06/26/new-in-sp05-product-system-editor-of-...

Check above link...

Goto product system editor which has internal verification function in lmdb or try with tcode LVSM.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have a look at

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/SAP+Netweaver+7.3x+hub+systems+upgrade

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

Many thnaks for the links.  The information is limited as I am not on or upgrading SAP Netweaver 7.3x hub system.

With Solution Manager 7.1 SP 7 there still seems to be a lot of undocumented steps in LMDB.  I added SAP XSS and Enterprise Portal.  I am still unable to get Solution Manager to pull updates for BP_ERP5ESS 1.41, BP_ERPHRA 1.41, BP_ERP5MSS 1.41, SAP_ESS 603 SP8, SAP_MSS 600, or SAPPCUI_CP 603 SP9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

how you fix this issue. I am facing same problem. mine is solman 7.1 sp7

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not the same issue. Your system is ABAP, and the screenshot has some SAP HR subcomponents.

What is exactly the problem? Any solution for the other Java hub system is not applicable to your system.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

exact issue of mine is, landscape verification tool giving errors. to fix the errors maintenance option is not present.

also it is showing few of add-ons not assigned to product system. for this also i could not able edit/assign add-ons.

Regards,

Anil

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP ACCESS CONTROL 10.0 is most likely not to be defined together with SAP PROCESS CONTROL 10.0.

I would need to see the software component list of the system to be able to determine if this is an issue with the system identity entries or if it is just a case of a wrongly assigned product instance. But, by the looks of it, i would go for wrongly assigned instance.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

yes for me it looks wrongley assigned product system only. the reason is, verification tool asking me to assign product instance to uninstalled software and remove flag for installed software. below screens will give you correct idea.

all other screens i shared earlier to you in other discussion.

may i know how to delete product system? i believe deletion of system entry from SLD will delete technical system and it recreates as soon as LMDB and RZ70 job gets finish. but not sure on how to delete product system. pls suggest.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

You mention:

"the reason is, verification tool asking me to assign product instance to uninstalled software"

From the data at hand, it seems to me that you cannot really know that it is 'uninstalled software' , you only are a position to know that the product instances are not determined automatically, and they are not marked as installed in LMDB.

The way to know if a product instance is installed in your system, is to cross check the PPMS listing of the software components contained in that product instance, and the list of installed software components in your system.  If there is a match, then it *may* be installed, it is not yet a 100% certainty that the product instance is installed. Reason being, the list of software components might be a subset of a bigger product instance which is really installed. In practical terms, this  does not make a difference most of the times, but it might mess up Maintenance Optimizer operation if you get it wrong (nothing irreversible though).

The software identity tables are also an indication of what may be installed in a system, but they might be wrong. In this particular case at hand, it looks like the product identity table entries for the product instances that cover some of the software components installed in your system were missing from your system. Therefore they were not transferred to the SLD , and subsequently they are also missing from the LMDB (if they are not transferred from the SLD, they cannot be determined by the system automatically at the time of creation of the system in LMDB). Then, the verification check detects the software components, checks PPMS and proposes possible product instances to cover these software components.

It is somewhat unfortunate that the product documentation at SAP does not have complete listings of all the software components for all the product instances of all product versions. Also, SAP does not provide a PPMS viewer for customers. So , in this respect, you cannot really help yourself without the help of either someone who has everything running OK with these same addons, or SAP personnel with a working knowledge of either PPMS or the particular application at hand.

As luck would have it , I am a SAP employee with a working knowledge of PPMS

As it is, the screenshots you have shared are not yet enough to determine what product instances are wrongly proposed by the LV check, and which are just not marked as installed by you. Could you please post the entire software component listing in LMDB?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to keep the discussion in the other post about the Maintenance Optimizer error.

This is OT here, and cross-posting.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have the required product instances flagged as relevant. In case of AS JAVA you probably even can't flag all the required product instances as relevant. Instead you will have to define the AS JAVA as a Technical System for your ERP (AS ABAP) and flag all relevant product instances for it.

You seem to be running MOPZ for your portal. If you ask me I would run MOPZ for the ERP system instead. If you use your portal to connect to your ERP backend, you shouldn't patch it as a standalone AS JAVA system, you will end up breaking something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Duvyanshu.  I know it has to be fixed in LMDB.  So I still need some details to where  LVSM is for older Solution manager's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am close but still unable to determin where in LMDB that I need enable "product Assigned".  I think that is all I need to do in order to resolve the Warning "EHP component without suitable Technical Usage".

Cheers

Dan Mead

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mark it product assigned......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyanshu,

I am in edit mode and that option to "mark it" is not enabled?

Cheers

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can fix the assignments in the Landscape Verification tool, go to the Errors/Warnings tab and click in the column Error Correction to execute the wizard to fix the problem. Remember to save after running the wizard, else the changes will not be done.

Please do consider however my previous reply to you. There is something fundamentally wrong in your approach, fixing the assignments (if at all possible) won't solve your problem.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gotot system landscape product system edit......for that product system...... on the right tree goto technical system....... select product instance----- edit------ a popup will come------ check assigned there.....

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fixing the assignments the right way might solve the issue. See http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/SAP+Netweaver+7.3x+hub+systems+upgrade

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Divyanshu,

this option was not working at all, how to assign a product to installed add-on