cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave PICK Functionality and VL35 – only one wave group at a time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing standard wave pick functionality for our SAP-WM ECC 6.0 environment. Our goal is to utilize standard SAP-WM functionality as much as possible. We will use wave pick profile with capacity restriction checked.

Based on the wave pick configuration such as time slot, groups, and wave pick profile I see that relevant deliveries are showing up during VL35 execution. However, what I am noticing that the program is proposing only one wave group at a time. In other words, if there are a few deliveries and those deliveries can split into multiple group, the VL35 suggest only first wave group. For creating another wave I have to re-execute the VL35 transaction.

For example, there are six deliveries with the same weight and volume in each delivery. Based on the wave pick profile parameter each wave group can accommodate two deliveries in it. So when I execute VL35 ideally the program should suggest me three different wave groups (or it should create three different wave groups if I directly save the VL35 transaction).

However, the program only suggests the first wave group and remaining deliveries remained unpicked.

My goal is run to VL35 in background in a job so wave groups are created automatically. With the above limitation I cannot run the job in background.

My questions are:

1.      Has anyone come across similar challenge?

2.      Anything I can do to resolve the issue?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I'm working with VL35 and have the same issue which you mentioned above. Not sure if you've found the solution. Appreciated if you can share your experience.

Thanks,

Khanh