cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One v9 - Failed to create DemoGB database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forum,

I am in the process of creating a test environment for SAP B1 version 9.0 however upon installing the server side, it correctly installs the SBO COMMON and US Demo database but prompts the following message when trying to create the GB Demo:

"Failed to create Database"

It then continues with the installation of the server software but as the message suggests, it is not creating the GB demo.

Has anyone come across this issue before? This is a clean install.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah...

This is because SQL Server has already SBO-Common Databased.

First take its backup and then Delete that from SQL Server and then run SAP Server Setup....

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

As previously mentioned. This was a clean demo install.

I have since tried to uninstall SAP and all its components as well as delete the English_US Demo database and SBO COMMON database. I then cleared out the contents of the %TEMP%% directory, removed the 'SAP' program directory and then restarted.

Despite the the above steps, when I attempt to install again, a new SBO COMMON and US Demo database are created but the GB Demo again fails. Upon checking the the server install wizard and in particular the list of demo companies to install I notice the size column for the GB Demo database is 0KB - Perhaps an issue with the install files available on the SAP Portal?

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

That should not happen Sarah.

I'm sure databases are not being deleted properly.

Please check the databases under the mentioned path.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA

If it has then remove it by stopping the SQL services....\

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Thank you for your response. I should have been more thorough and checked the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA location from the start. I have located the relevant .mdf and .ldf files. Manually removing these files has now resolved the issue.

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good. That is what I was expencting to be done...

Regards,

Rahul