cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Lead Time Calculation in Sales Order - No Routes linked to Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have had a couple of scenarios posted but unfortunately the solutions have all proved to cumbersome to implement on an end user level.I need a SAP standard solution to the following and I have simplyfied my requirements, any guidance would be very helpful and appreciated.

Scenario:

Customer is not linked to any route.

I have a customer that placed an order today within cut off time, according to the customer factory calendar (SCAL), he is only open to deliveries Mondays and Fridays ( today is Thursday, 10th Jan) but it take 2 days to deliver to the customer so the next open delivery day is next Monday 14th Jan.

Please advise 🙂

Cheers,

Fats

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima

First thing I didnt understand how system will calculate lead time if there is no route in sale order. As far as I know system calculates transportation lead time considering route too, Second if lead time is two days and customer cannot accept delivery other than monday and thursday then what is the difficulty when system is already purposing delivery day as monday. I am able to understand this. If I am taking it wrongly please elaborate with some more explanation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greets Moazzam,

Thanks for the reply, let me give you some background to fill in the picture a bit.

Our OTC Process is:

1. Customer places order
  2. Delivery is created
  3. Picking and Good Issue is completed
  4. Invoice is printed (Billing)
  5. Truck leaves

We do not use routes or shipments, shipping points yes but no route planning.

" Second if lead time is two days and customer cannot accept delivery other than Monday and Thursday then what is the difficulty when system is already purposing delivery day as Monday."  - No, that is what I want the system to do, because today is Thursday the sales order schedules the delivery date for Friday but because it take 2 days to deliver to the customer I want the system to schedule Monday as the next delivery date/day, so basically to take into account the open delivery dates (from the customer calendar) and somehow calculate a lead time.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for explaining your OTC cycle. As you have mentioned the lead time is 2 days and you are not using shipment and routes then how you are calculating these two days? I guess it is from shipping point picking and loading time. Is it so? Also please tell are you using Direct Store Delivery (DSD)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The 2 days lead time is what I want the system to calculate, it is not happening as yet. At the moment the only aspect that is working is the customer factory calendar (SCAL) which the sales order shows which days are open for delivery but I need a means of incorporating a lead time. Yes , I have implemented DSD and had a look at the visit plans but the moment 1 customer is linked to more than 1 visit plan with different delivery days then the sales order open all days as delivery days in the customer master....I might be looking at the wrong so please feel free to guide me.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fatima

If you want the system to calculate two delivery days and give you delivery date 2 days in future then you can do this by using Shipping point Loading time and Picking/Packing Time. Please maintain 1, 1 in both fields and check. I have tested this and system is giving delivery date two days after from current date. Rest for Customer calendar you know better then me how to do this because I have not implemented or tested DSD yet. Please test this and update.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hi,

Unfortunately this will not work for me as different customer delivery needs are all linked to the same Shipping Point/Sales Org.

Customer A - Take 2 days to deliver goods to customer

Customer B - Takes 3 days to deliver goods to customer

I am playing around with the routes and their options but it doesn't calculate the lead time within the sales order....guess I am going to have to log that dreaded OSS development call 🙂 I hate not being able to fix something SAP standard.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima

That is another requirement now So if these days are fixed like 2 days, 3 days, 4 days for customers then I think you can use routes for this. Create dummy routes and mention in route TransitTime the number of additional days. Determine this route as per standard determination (I hope you know how to determine route in Sale order) or enter route manually in sale order shipping tab and lead time in sale order will be as per your route and shipping point defined days. I have tested this but I dont know this solution is workable for you or not but there is no other standard way to achieve this

If you are going to raise an OSS note then please update here what solution they provided you and how to met your requirement. It will be helping for others.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes, Route determination seems the way to go although our sales order (Z order type doesn't seem to be determining the route but will do some research and double SPRO.)...i will try the manual route option as a starting point.

If Route determination doesn't work for me then I shall log a call and update this discussion wit their solution...watch this space

Thanks for the brain time 🙂

Cheers,

Fats

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear fatima

I will be waiting for your response and findings.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greets Moazzam,

Ok, I have implemented route determination (testing manual and automatic route entry on the sales order) with a factory calendar which has customer specific delivery dates. I have gone through a checklist of activating Route.D and I am not happy with the results. Even though I have maintained 0VTC (and combed through the config of Route Determination) with the TransitTime it does not recalculate the delivery date. I checked the Shipping tab on the Sales Order to see which dates pull through, incorrect date unfortunately.

So, I am leaving this path and will be logging an OSS call and will update this thread once I have a solution.

Cheers and chats soon,

Fats

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fatima

I am sorry if this is not working for you but for your kind information I have tested this in my DEV server and then I suggested you this solution. What I did was entered one day in picking 1day in loading in shipping document and 1 day in route transit time. I create two routes with 1 day and 2 days and entered them manually in sale order shipping tab and it worked. System calculated lead time as per shipping point and route days.

My point is that it should work for your system too and can you please check once again your whole settings?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Ok, done as you instructed, seems there is some movement on the sales order the Shipping Tab shows the correct date ( including Lead time).

The problem that I have now is that even though the schedule lines on the Shipping tab shows the correct date, it doesn't actually change the delivery date of the sales order, so when I create the delivery document it still creates it with the required delivery date (Sales Order - Item Overview tab) and not the correct date which appears on the Sales Order - Shipping Tab.

Please advise when you have a breather...

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fatima

Good to hear that at least my one suggestion worked for you

Now for your next query I have studied F1 help of all date fields and came to one conclusion which is that Delivery date on Item overview is customers expected delivery date. You can enter this date by your self of determine this from Sales document type setting in propose delivery date. You can also enter lead days for document type specific here.  Shipping tab date is system's calculated date. For more clarification please check below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1296906

Now why system is allowing to create delivery on that date is another issue. If you go to VL01N and press F1 on selection date system will tell you that if material availability date or transportation planning date falls on or before selection date then system creates delivery for this.

I am not very good in these dates things so, I also recommend you to read F1 help of all these dates and update here if you understand something better then me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our sales order document already has tomorrow's date as the required delivery date. which is fine but I need the date on the schedule lines tab to reflect as the new required delivery...but i think my negative stock might be an issue ....thanks a mil for the reading material, I will peruse and implement

Thanks a mil for your guidance,your advice has brought me so so so close to the goal.

Keeping watching this space...

Cheers,

Fats

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima

I dont know why you want schedule line date as required delivery date, what will be benifit of it but it you really want this you can write one line in program MV45AFZZ in user exit

"USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK" Logic will be as

if sy-tcode = 'VA01'.

VBAK-VDATU = VBEP-EDATU.

endif.

With this system will always take schedule line date (Calculated by lead time) as requested delivery date and user can't change it manually in VA01. You can modify logic as per your requirement. See if this helps you or you can go for some other option which you like is best as per your business process.

I am watching this place

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima,

It was a great knowledge  enhancement while  going through te discussions. Thanks a lot for sharing.

I think there is one more way to do it, but it  holds a little bit  of manual intervention. Please change the Req. Delivery Date in Sales Order, system will give information messages keep on pressing ENTER - Change the Deivery Date in the Schedule Line - Save the Sale Order. Come to VL01N system will definitely take the changed Delivery Date.

OR

If you do not do anything in the SO just save with whatever date it is giving (acc. to your config). VL01N screen let the selection date be whatever you press ENTER and get inside there you change the ACTUAL GI DATE, PICKING DATE, LOADING DATE, TRANSPORTATION DATE, DELIVERY DATE. When you post the goods issue system will pick the changed date and not the schedule line date. So you can manage  without Route determination as well.

Hope this will serve your purpose without RICEF.

Regards,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Its a pleasure even though I am the student on this thread

Thank you for your input, I do see advantages with what you suggested buuuuut looking at our business processes such a manual way might not be the best route (NPI ), there are some security risks with having so many 'manual' interventions.

I am trying my best to keep this solution standard, but if I don't manage the date then I will consult with our developer guardians to implement the date change which saves the users from playing around in the delivery date fields.

Thanks again and please add on if you see way for improvement.

Ciao!