Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery cannot be deleted because it is included in Shipment

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am unable to delete deliveries because shipments are created for them.

In order to delete i have to reverse shipment cost document and shipment document also. This will not help because one shipping document will contain many deliveries.

I searched  in SCN but i dint get the exact solution to delete the deliveries. Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Nandeesh kumar.L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nandeesh,

Yes you are rite you need to reverse and delete all the corresponding document to the delivery if you ant to delete the del.

A workaround solution can be creating a return order for the delivery.

hope it helps

Regards,

Mohit Bhinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nandeesh,

first of all you cancel the shipment cost doc  ,after that cancel commercial invoice and reverse the delivery and go to shipment document VT02N ,remove all check from deadline tab and go to delivery and select the particular delivery which you wanted to delete and click on "remove from worklist" option and save the document.

Regards

DEVD

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I dont want to reverse any shipping documents to delete the delivery.

Please help if you have used any OSS notes to achieve this.

Regards,

Nandeesh kumar.L

former_member533324
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without reversing the whole process you can not delete the delivery.

Please create a return delivery order with reference to the order for which you want to delete the delivery.Create a credit note with reference to the Return delivery document.This is the shortest method which i have tries successfully.

even if it comes to quality it can be moved to unrestricted.

Please let me know if you have any quires.

Regards,

Mohit

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All are done after realization was not good at all .Before processing any transaction ,we have to analyse or recheck the documents is this a good way .In your case , I cant help you without cancellation shipment document process .Ask your higher management and take good decision what do you want do in this case .

Note : I was thinking on this ,how to solve issue but didnt get any Idea ,Sorry for not helping on this .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandeesh,

For correcting shipment you need to bring shipment to planning stage and remove perticular wrong delivery/ies from shipment itinerary. I do not think it will take much time to correct shipment if business allow it.

You can not keep shipment having wrong info like stage determined as per delivery shipping/loading point/ distance etc and delete delivery wthout changing shipment info. This will not be a correct business process. SAP do not allow it.

Another way is to create Return delivery, may be with reason customer Dispute/wrong shipment. In this create Return order, return delivery.

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to delete deliveries because shipments are created for them.

First of all ,tell me ,how you are processing in your system.

VA01->VL01N->VT01N->VL02N->VI01->VF01 or any another way .If this way is right ,first of all cancel the shipment cost,cancel the shipment doc and then only ,you can cancel or reversal Deliveries  .Tell me ,why you need to do this process ? .May I know ,What was the issue in your company ?

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the replies.

Sales order  to shipment is done by VA01->VL01N->VF01->VT01N->VI01 .

I require this because of wrong order punched to the customer's.

Client dont want to do return process because returned materials will go for Quality inspection.

Recently they started using the transportation module.

It will not not be possible to reverse Shipping documents because each shipment will contain 10 to 20 deliveries For one delivery whole shipping documents cannot be reversed..

Regards,

Nandeesh kumar.L

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

But without reversing the Shipment Cost & Shipment Doucment, you cannot delete the Delivery.

Convince the client to run the Returns Process & transfer th Goods from Quality Inpection to Unrestricted stock.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandeesh,

Once reversing SCD, you can take out single delivery from shipment.

• Reverse customer invoice if any,
  • Reverse SCD
  • Bring Shipment back to the planning stage (take screen shot of
    shipment stage before moving back shipment to planning stage ( to avoid any
    possible business dispute))
  • Go to the Delivery selection screen in shipment, here you can
    remove individual delivery from shipment.
  • Once delivery removed from shipment, you can reverse PGI and delete delivery 
  • you can reprocess same shipment with other remaining delivery .

Regards