cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing AUC on WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We have a scenario where AUC on WBS Element has been created with wrong asset class (mistakenly) and WBSE has been released. Now we need to change the AUC (create new AUC with different asset class) but system does not allow to change it.

Can anyone help in this regard ?

Regards,

Murtaza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to mark this WBS element as 'statistical' , this will delete the wrong AUC and save your project. Reopen the project again create new AUC with different asset class and save your project.

Note: Please check this thoroughly in quality first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

Thank you for reply,

When a WBSE is released it does not allow you to change its statistical check. The field is disabled.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How you are trying to change? And what is the error that system is giving?

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a check box on WBS Element screen to make it statistical which disabled because WBSE is released.

Is there any other way to do that ?

Thanks & Regards,

Murtaza

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check it in quality and select that check box by correcting entries directly(&sap_edit) in table PRPS?

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

We need to find some standard type solution, changing entries directly from table is never recommended. In case if I have to change the direct entries in table then I will go for removing the IM profile from WBS master data rather than making that WBS a statistical. Changing/removing IM profile will remove its settlement rule/AUC and purpose will be served.

But, this mistake is often committed by user its not a once in a blue moon thing. We should not go for changing PRPS every time.

Please advise something standard like. Thanks.

Regards,

Ghulam Murtaza

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed Murtaza. Let me think some more on it and I'll update you here. Let's wait for other experts comment on the same.

Regards

Ankur

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ghulam,

Could you try to delete the investment profile of the WBS? If you delete it the AUC is automatically deleted. Then you add again and the system will create another AuC?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

As I have already mentioned in my previous post that when WBS Element is released system does not allow to make such changes.

Regards,

Murtaza

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can delete the investment profile even the WBS is released and has actual costs.

WHy cannot you do it? It is grey or the system gives an error message?