cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Printer Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are facing an error while trying to give a print request.

Below is the error log.

SAP spool error log

=====================

Print request processing log

The host spool is reporting errors

Message from host spool:

/usr/bin/lpr: The printer or class was not found.

End of message

Command used: cd /usr/sap/SID/D40/data; /usr/bin/lpr -P<printer_name> -J00BtdPz1.SID -r -h -#1 00BtdPz1.SID 2>

Errors occurred processing this print request

Error during print request output. l_rc = 1

There may be no printout

FYI. Printer is online and reachable through network and also CUPS is configured for managing the print request.

Regards

Shanthosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanthosh,

Did you try to reset printer queue? Try to recreate the printer and also if you have multiple sap servers like application and CI, try switching the printer to different sap servers like application server to another application server. I recently had a similar issue with windows network printing and switching to another sap server fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Ranjith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestion for the above error?

Regards

Shanthosh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/usr/bin/lpr: The printer or class was not found

If you are using Access Method L make sure the Host Printer match the printer name in CUPS and also that the Host Name is correct.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Host printer matches the printer name in CUPS. However, it was working fine till today morning and suddenly we are facing this issue.

I have cleared the Cache as well in SPAD, but no luck.

Regards

Shanthosh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it was working until this morning and no changes has been done in SAP it must be a CUPS issue right?... what have you tried so far?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

There was no problem with CUPS server. But some of the print request are getting completed successfully and some are getting failed, though the print request are from the same source and same print format.

I have asked the network team to check the printer and network connectivity to the printer.

I checked the print queue at the CUPS level and printer queue is defined properly.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Shanthosh