Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Samples

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I have a scenario where we  use to collect standard samples from different materials (could be raw amterial,sfg,fg) .Then these samples are kept in lab and some test are carried out . Results are recorded and UD is done . These samples are treated as standard samples for the respective material .whenever in future we receive same material from vendor , then a small qty of the standard sample is mixed with the sample taken from received goods . Then RR and UD is done against this mixed sample .

Now what I am thinking is of :

1. creating a physical sample which I will take as a standard sample(QPR1) then i will mention the qty etc in it .

2. Create lot from it and do RR/UD this will be treated as RR/UD for standard sample .

Now whenever material is received lot will get generated bcz of inspection type 01 .

In this lot , we can calculate sample size and no of samples using SDP and SP and Sampling scheme . But how to map the requirement after receiving of goods . Because what we want is that , for eg :

Standard sample qty = 2kg

Sample collected from received goods = 100g

qty taken from standard sample to mix with above sample = 10g

Now standard sample left in lab = 2 kg - 10g = 1190g

How to map above step of adding the 10g from standard to actual sample and deducting same qty from standard sample .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After a physical sample creation from logistic related inspection..

Unfortunately SAP doesn't provide any automatic process in stnadard.

Therefore you have to configure your own process using enhancement.

For example.. Just idea

1) Define new physical sample type 'Standard Sample' in configuration.

2) Create a physical sample manually with initial quantity.

3) Develop a function module to reduce the quantity of standard sample for same material/vendor.

Assign it to usage decision's follow-up action.

4) When logistic related inspection, SAP can perform the Qty reduction of standard sample.

Please don't forget 'Simple is Better'.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DoWook ,

Tq for the explanation . Even I dont want to go for any developments . Actually I just wanted to be crystal clear that this should not happen with Std SAP . Will try to go with Standard only .

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. for one.. I'm not sure i understand why or how  you doing the sampling you are doing. Adding a small amount of retained qty to a new sample doesn't make sense to me. 

I have heard of adding a small amount of a received amount to a retained sample to create an ongoing composite sample so you can test at the end of the month, or quarter, or year for certain tests you don't do for every sample.

But in any case, I think you are a tad confused between physical samples and inventory.  For a given inspection lot, the sample drawing procedure is basically an instruction sheet that explains what is to be done, what is labelled, the labels to be used, etc.....

Each individual physical sample does not have a separate inventory quantity that is tracked in SAP.  Unless you design an inventory process for that.

Typically, when an inspection lot is completed and you perform the stock posting, the full quantity of the left over sample should be posted to the line "retained sample qty".  If you have set up to retain say three 100 G bottles, (that might have a physical sample number on each bottle), you would post 300 G on the retained sample line.  You would post the amount consumed in the initial testing on the "Sample qty" line.  But these values would be the aggregate of the samples.  So if you had two operations in an inspection lot, and one had a 200 g physical sample, and the other operation had a 300 g physical sample, and you specifed a 1kg retain sample, you would post 500g to sample qty and 1000g to retains.

In the future, if you need to consume some of that retained material, you would have to do the appropriate stock movements to consume the retained portion outside of QM.  You could choose to reinspect the full quantity of the retained amount if you wanted, and then post 100g to sample qty and 900g back to retains. 

But you can't "pull-in" 10 g from retains and add it to an exisiting inspeciton lot.  Inspection lots are ALWAYS homogenous.  That is the material being inspected can only be one batch (receipt) of material.  Not some from one batch and some from another.

What you would need to do is inspect the incoming material as is.  Post your quanities as used.

Now I guess the idea is to take 1kg from the new batch and add 10 g from the old batch?  Is that what you are doing?  You'd do this in IM first using regular material movements and probably have to create a new batch number if you want to track it.  I would suggest using a derivation of the batch number.  Maybe copy the batch number and add S on the end if you have room.  Than you would inspect this "new" batch and consume it to sample qty or to retains storage as appropriate.

I'm not sure this helps you or not.  You seem to have a very odd sampling requirement.  I'd like to know more about it if you can elaborate.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

While doing UD, you will create Stock Posting. There, I hope you can mention the qty which has been consumed for sample under Sample category.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh ,

Yes there we can mention the overall qty . But how to mention  that from standard sample this much qty was taken  and how system will automatically subtract this qty (of standard sample) from the actual qty of standard sample .because we want to know now how much qty is left for standard .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Stock Posting, you can find Unrestricted, Scrap, Sample, Blocked, etc., There mention the qty which has been taken as sample for Inspection under Sample.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh ,

I think you misunderstood the requirement . Let me explain it more clearlly . In stock posting I can mention the qty in terms of sample usage , restricted unrestricted etc but how will you show in system that out of 110g ( 100g from actual goods received + 10g of standard sample) 10g is taken from std sample (which is created as physical sample) and 100g from actual goods received . Also before this the qty in physical sample(std sample) was 1 kg , you have to update that qty to 990g as you have consumed 10g .

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody atleast help about this :

1. I have a physical sample with qty mentioned 10 kg .

2. I have created a lot from it manually . Sample size is determined for eg = 1 kg . Now after RR/UD I want the physical sample qty to be changed to 10-1 = 9 Kg .

How to do this