cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language in ITS - SAP GUI FOR HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created a service in SICF and an alias for it. Works fine.

Problem is, that in the program we got an "leave to list processing". When we are in the web service, the gui is changed to SAP Gui for HTML (I am not sure this is the correct term, we suddenly get the SAP menu bar displayed).

This menu bar is not in the language the service user has, how can we change this? I tried to enter the correct language in the gui configuration via parameter ~language, but this had no effect.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tobi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobi,

~language is no longer used for Integrated ITS. It use's the: ICF parameter: ~sap-language

See the following SDN thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/60764

and SAP HELP

~client, ~language, ~login, ~loginGroup, ~password

However how are you actually passing the language paramter from your IAC? Via URL or do you want to set it in the WEBGUI(SAPGUI for HTML) itself?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

thank you for your answer.

When i try to set the parameter ~sap-language I get the following message: "Service parameter ~SAP-LANGUAGE contains special characters. Please correct".

I tried to enter this in my external alias -> gui configuration. There I already got the parameter "language" set.

I don't want the user to set the language, If possible I'd like to set this via a parameter. The language should be the same for all users, there is no need to change it.

Regards,

Tobi

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobi,

You do not set ~SAP-LANGUAGE in the  gui configuration area.

Language is set as configuration parameter/setting in SICF.

See the following link:

Determining the Logon Language  /85/81033c42663b34e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/85/81033c42663b34e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Oisín

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobi,

Actually the parameter is sap-language, there is no ~ in front of this parameter.

See more about the replacements in SAP note 975010.

You can also have a look at the SAP Help page:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/08/9c3e9f42589b4dbb9b8b43b1dde48f/frameset.htm

which tells:

"...

The setting of the parameters ~client, ~login, ~password, and ~language in SICF does not influence the logon behavior. In the ITS context of a running session, your value will be overwritten with the logon data used to start this session, in order to allow existing Internet Application Components (IACs) to access these values in templates (for downward compatibility). If you want to specify logon parameters in the URL used to start a service, use sap-client, sap-language instead.

..."

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Cris

Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh Add note link