Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP PI711 to PI720 upgrade

Hello guys,

for the moment we are going to upgrade out PI711 system to new kernel 720 (pl400) and also the java stack components from level SP6 to SP10.

I plan to do the kernel upgrade and the java upgrade in one time with JSPM. Basically to add the sar's to the EPS/in and run the upgrade like that.

I have to mention that the system has one CI with java instance and one AS also with a separate java instance.

My question is: will JSPM perform the upgrade of kernel + java comp for both nodes automatically?

Did someone try this before?

Former Member
replied

Hello

The kernel is basically stored in central directory of executables (read one file system) which is mounted on other servers if the application servers are present on different hosts.

On Unix systems the /sapmnt/SID/exe (DIR_CT_RUN) is that location.

When you start an SAP system the sapcpe program copies the kernel from the /sapmnt/SID/exe (DIR_CT_RUN) location to the (DIR_EXECUTABLE) /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe directories.

The DIR_EXECUTABLE is the local directory for executables present for all instances, which means if you have a CI and and AS they both will have one each.

When you do a SP update the changes are done in the database and there is only one database even if you have multiple AS's.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

RB

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question