cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component cost not getting updated at Invoice level for MTO (KMAT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

we have defined a component cost (ZVAR) condition type for KMAT material with MTO scenario.

The condition amount gets triggered at the time of saving the MTO sales order (There is no Z user exit or FM or any customization. the program is standard SAP program). This amount is based on the charecteristics combination which the user selects at the time of selecting the variants for the material.

The problem is, when the invoice is created, the main cost for the main item (VPRS) gets updated successfully (as per the changes done in the production planning / production order costing) but this component cost ZVAR doesnt get updated and the same amount in the sales order is copied and carried forward.

I want to understand how and where these costs are maintained in PP module for MTO.

I analyzed the standard program and found that the standard FM CKKA_COSTING_PROCESS is used to pick up the value for ZVAR from the structure RK70SOUT in case of MTO. I want to understand from where does this structure pick initial value of ZVAR.

Also, i observed that in the pricing procedure, the ZVAR condition type is marked as manual condition. so even when its automatically calculated in the sales order, the condition control says it was entered and changed manually. and as its a delivery related billing scenario, the pricing rule from delivery to billing is "G" which means copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes. is this the reason why the ZVAR costs are not getting updated at the invoice level (as ZVAR is marked as manual and it is simply copies as it is from SO)?? or do i have to check from the PP guys also about the reason?

Pls advice.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi