cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data exchange between SAP ME and Shop Floor systems using webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP ME. I am trying to integrate SAP ME with Shop Floor systems without PCo using webservices. Is this possible?

I have idea like ME can expose its data using ME webservices. Is there any OPC server that can expose its data using webservices based on some events. And how both the webservices can understand its formats. Or do I need to use SAP MII for this integration. can someone suggest the possible ways for SAP ME and Shop Floor integration without PCo.

Regards,

Anudeep KM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anudeep, What are your shop systems?? Like Vendor,type of system ..etc so that the answer can be specific to your need.

Thanks

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi,

OPC server was supported up to ME 5.1.2 for automation of Data Collection process. However, I do not see this feature in 5.2 and 6.0 any longer.

In MII you can implement whatever logic you need, and communication with ME via WS in particular.

Or that can be any other in-house implementation which will utilise ME WS if you need only sending the data to ME.

To implement additional logic at SAP ME side, you might need to implement some customization to SAP ME by means of SAP ME SDK.

Regards,

Sergiy