cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to call a BAPI from webdynpro. When i create a model there are two options "Import Adaptive RFC Model" and "Import RFC model - DEPRECATED" which one to choose.

I know if i choose "Import Adaptive RFC Model" i will need to configure the SLD.

What is the difference between "Import Adaptive RFC Model" and "Import RFC model - DEPRECATED".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Adaptive RFC is a technology that enables the Web Dynpro application developer to use the business functions encapsulated in BAPI's even after a structure modification, without having to provide the new data using a second back end or a new structure with subsequent regeneration of the proxies.

The RFC proxies do not use the original design time structure definition at runtime. Instead, the Web Dynpro model automatically adapts the data of the structure passed in the Java proxy generation to the current data.

The advantages of using Adaptive RFC's are :

Data types :

If a data type is edited in the back-end system, the structure used for the Web Dynpro application remains valid and no runtime error occurs.

Customer enhancements and adjustments

If a field length is changed in the back-end system or a customer enhancement field is created, the field values are still valid at runtime. The enhancement field remains visible even without a subsequent manual adjustment of the structure at design time.

The above listed advantages are only some of the advantages of Adaptive RFC while there are many other advantages.

Hence it is always advisable to Import adaptive RFC.

Do get back for further clarifications.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vijith.

Answers (0)