Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on FTP server file pulling.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using PI 7.3(dual stack), we have scenario where we pick 3 files using 3 different channels such as 1 will pick *1.txt, 2nd will pick *2.txt

and third is picking with *.txt as file name for pulling from FTP server. This scenario was working fine for almost year but due to recent upgrade of FTP server at

Vendor side now these channels are pulling the files incorrectly or you can se they are mixxing the files. To add one more point that each channel is pulling

repspective files from 4 different folders from the same FTP server(same condition for all 3 channels). for this purpose we are using advanced selection of source file.

Please let me kniow the solution on this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

All channels are polling on same 4 folders?

I think in that case, there would be conflict as one channel is configured as *.txt. (as it will pick up the files *1.txt and *2.txt)

Have you scheduled these channels using availibility time planning? Is schedule running fine?

Or the pollling interval was set so that *.txt do not pick up *1 and *2 files and there is some issue with that?

Regards,

Beena.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Beena,

I am sorry its a tipo mistake from my side. the filenames are *1.txt , *2.txt and *3.txt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked is there any change in the file naming conventions of the generated files...

May be the CC file pattern matching all the files and as a result picking up the files...

-Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As beena said there would be a chance for conflict as one channel is configured as *.txt .

Just practically think for possibilities of failure.

From your words earlier it used to work ;then think of what might went wrong (Does time of placing the files changed ? .If  yes then change the respective PI polling times aswell)

when(Time) the files are placing in file server ;when PI (3 different channels) are poling in the file server) .

If you configured "availability time planning" in RWB ;then check whether it is properly working or not.

Regards

Venkat

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

I have already corrected my sentence as I need to pick up the filenames as *1.txt , *2.txt and *3.txt

So there is no issue in picking up the files as per this convention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>>now these channels are pulling the files incorrectly or you can se they are mixing the files.

Can you please elaborate the issue with an example.

Regards

Venkat

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the problem is that some times the channel configured for pulling the file *2.txt is pulling *3.txt file sometimes and also same is the case with other channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your problem looks weird.

Is it happening in PROD ?

If yes then you might have tested thoroughly first in DEV,Quality right .Does it worked there?

Regards

Venkat