cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to check spool in below job overview. But for some jobs i can able to see the spool, For some jobs I am getting an error message that NO LIST FOUND.

What Could be the reason? And If I want to see the spool for that jobs also what I have to do?

And what is the difference between Spool list i can see from SM37 and SP01?

Please answer me.

I gave below screen to understand my q's easily.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

There is no difference between the spools that you see from SM37 and SP01. The reason that you dont see the spools is that the step does not contain an output device. You could specify LOCL or an output device that is configured in SPAD in the job step (under 'print specifications')

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your reply. You mean, If I specify the output device for that step, Can I see the Spool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My apologies. I just checked by running a program in the background without specifying an output device and I was able to see the spool. So, the output device does not matter. The program should be coded to output to the spool (the ABAP 'WRITE' statement or call the ALV )

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found  these SAP Notes regarding this. Can some one tell me what exactly happening with this spool?

sapnote_0001174127 and sapnote_0000422136

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tee,

These notes are for cases with wrong spool being generated, Your issue is that spools are not being displayed. Are you able to find spool overflow dump ? are you able to view spools from jobs that ran today or yesterday?

Thanks,

Ranjith

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tee,

The reason why some spool is not displayed in sm37 is that they might have been deleted by standard sap job SAP_REORG_SPOOL using report RSPO0041 - Delete Old Spool Requests.

This report is scheduled to clear old spools after some days to prevent spool overflow issue in table TSP01

Please check

Note 706478 - Preventing Basis Tables From Increasing Considerably

The screenshot you have given shows job start date as 2001. I do not think you will have spools from 2001 present in system now.

Thanks,
Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Tcode you used for printing(eg f-58)?

1) In SP01 put * on OUTDEVICE field and execute

2) In SPAD select printer --> Enter --> (CTRL+ F7)

Regards

Majid

Former Member
0 Kudos

All scheduled jobs will not have the spool output,it depends on the programme you have scheduled

If spool is there it will show in the columne spool list

From sm37 you can see spool of the corresponding job,in sp01 all spool request of all users can be viewed.It contains spool created by B/G Job  and spool generated for printouts