cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redetermine price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In sales order, a particular line item, if the current price is set at for e.g., Rs 200. And this is with a price date of 10/9/2012.

Now I entered a new price of Rs 50 with an effective date of 11/5/2012. Now say the delivery for this item is 11/5/12.

The business does not want it to re-price to the Rs 50 just because of the new pricing condition record, they want the ability to be

• Made aware of the new price change
  • Then make a decision to use either the initial price of Rs 200 or choose the new price of Rs 50

This is the business requirement, where user want to have the option of sellecting among the prices (old/new) or even change manually and then execute the order. Kindly send your valuable suggestions in best possible way.

Thanks in advance

Sap.scn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as i know to get the pricing option is only possible with help of pricing date in sales order header .

Any other way to get pricing options is not possible . Choice as possible as

•   Maintain different condition records in vk11 based on different dates.
  • To get price of any specific date in order change the pricing date in order header during creation time.

rest i don't see any other way to handle this .

Thanks

Jitend\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap.scn ,

Alternatively develop a report to fetch the details you required for validation. Let the business user execute it on a daily basis and do the correction if required manually.

Regards

Vinu

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go with user-exit to fulfill this requirement. Discuss with an ABAP'er and use appropriate user exit (or one of the routines in the pricing procedure) to provide a pop-up message to the user that there would be an additional pricing with future valid date existing for the condition type. This will give the option for the users to enter current or future value in the sales order.

Regards,

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario is not possible in the standard system as there can be only one price valid for a given combination for a given point of time. So either you need to change the pricing date in the sales header to an earlier date so that old pricing gets picked else go ahead with the new pricing.

Regards

Vasanth

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,     As per your above description, i can understand that the new pricing condition should be auto as per current date, which is maintained in condition record vk11, for ex : 50 Rs. But now the business required to capture the old price i.e. for an ex : 200 Rs. If this is right scenerio as per your requirement then, 1. Use Standard condition type PB00 or Make it New ZCondition by copying it. 2. Then assign this condition type to your pricing procedure, which is manual condition type. 3. But make sure that you have to maintained this condition type below the basic Price condition in a V/08. 4. So whenever the user want to make the sale order for Rs. 200 then he have to put manually 200 rs. in PB00 condition type. Then system will pick up 200 rs price instead of 50 Rs. So chk it once and confirm. Regards, Kundan Vishwakarma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Thank you for the response. Basically user want to have the option of prices (old and new) while he is creating sales order.

Sometimes in the business scenario user want to bill his customer the old price or sometimes he may want to bill the new price.

If we can give the seletion option for the user to choose either old or new and save the sales order. Like this I think we can meet the user requirement, but dont know how.....

Please comment...

Thanks

Sap.scn

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,     I think , it is already mention that,the system will take care of new price as per maintained in condition record. Just there will be a one more additional condition type which the user had to maintained price manual, then at that time system will be take that price which is maintained in PB00 Condition type. Or else, i am not sure but for this if you want you try condition exclusion.. Hope this will help you. Regards, Kundan Vishwakarma