cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW IDM 7.3: Rollback or Convert From Distributed to Standalone Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

By mistake I selected the distribution instead of standalone installation on AIX 6.1/Oracle 11.So far completed SCS and DB Installation. And now I am trying to install Primary Application Server (Central Instance). In order to rollback,  I have the option of uninstalling the SCS, DB and re-install in standalone mode. But that is time consuming. Is there any way I can convert my distributed installation to stand alone? In other words, can I use this 'distributed' installation as a standalone with both CI and DB and SCS on the same server?

FYI: When I am trying to install primary applicatoin server, the system says

An exception occurred while connecting to the message server instance TI1/SCS01 on host FRHDSTDARIV00, port 3901. DIAGNOSIS: The original exception was: wapsmod.ms.MsAttachFailed: Connect to message server (FRHDSTDARIV00/3901) failed: -35.. SOLUTION: Make sure that the message server is started.

But the message server and database are not getting started. It says,

$startsap
Cannot find startj2eedb, J2EE DB startup failed

please send the tracefile /home/ti1adm/startsap.trc to support

However, in trace file no hint

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think it should matter. Distribution installation on a single machine is same as central system installation, you are just doing each step individually. Now in case of your error. i am not an expert in Unix SAP installation but the instance log files for the SCS instance should have the details.

you said the DB also not coming up, can you check the Oracle logs for that. Did the Oracle Install and the Database Instance step completed successfully? Can you query the DB at the oracle level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

Thank you for the clarity. This helps me further investigatoing the issue and continue with my Central Instance installation. As my mail concern is the difference between distributed and standalone.

With best regards,

Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A wise step would be to rollback.....

If you still want to move a step further......... try using startsap R3 for SCS..... or edit the startsap script for set_jdb_local function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyanshu,

Thanks for your suggestion from both the view points.

Fundamentally what is the difference between these two types of installation? Where do I get this piece of information? The ones I have do not have much of the practical information.

Regards,

Raju