cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrics is not working..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Metrics is not working.. I am getting following errors.

Cannot convert key figure value (Actual_Cost) to metrics unit or currency

Error       Error

Cannot convert key figure value (PLANNED_COSTS) to metrics unit or currency

Error       Error

No key figures exist for the object for key figure definition Actual_Cost

Error       Error

No key figures exist for the object for key figure definition PLANNED_COSTS

Error       Error

Error while creating an administrator key figure (ADM_VAR)

Error       Error

Error while creating an administrator key figure (ADM_VAR)

Please help if anybody has any clue to correct this.

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thank you Rini Kalsi.....It helped.

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pramod;

I hope you can solved this issue:

Can you maintain the needed Roles to see the Metric in Item Portfolio Dashboard?

I cannot see the metrics in dashboard.

Which is the role that I have to assing to users?

Best regards.

Mariano

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano ,

Seems to be a pretty old post , but I just thought of replying for others like me who are looking for the same as I could crack the same.

To see the metric in Dashboard of a particular object type  , Lets say e.g. for Portfolio Item , object type RIH, below config is required:

1) In spro , navigate to the node :

Portfolio Management->Global Customizing->Global Field Settings->Dashboard Settings->Define Fields for Dashboards

2) On executing the node , enter the below in the popup

Type : RIH ( Or the required Object  type)

Dashboard :WS

3) Then select below in the Left Navigation Pane

"Alternative Column Header for Metrics in Dashboard"

4) And maintain the entries for your already configured

"Metrics" , "Value Type" , "Column Name" .

Hope it helps somebody 🙂

Best Regards,

Rini

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

cProjects project? or portfolio item? Maybe first simple thing to do - does the error occurr for items created before you did the customizing or afterwards.

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Its with portfolio item, deliverable tab.

I started getting errors after I have done config for Key figure monitor and assigned key figure to metrics value type.. Rest of the config for metrics is quite standard and has not done any major change in it.

Pramod

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I guessed that. My experience is that a 'small' error in the key figure customizing can lead to getting the above error messages (and it is very hard to find the cause). There is, for example, note 1777376. Moreover I recall that it is important to maintain a correct unit / currency, value range, time periods and so on. There is also an IMG node for 'Generic Key Figure Monitor' which is not unter PPM. You will find it with the search. I recall that you have to maintain the key figure categories there.

I think that I did quite a lot of debugging and started with function module KFM_KF_ADM_CREATE when I worked with that functionality the last time (1,5 years ago, since I am working in another area now).

Not sure, if the above helps you. If the customizing is complete (see my above comments) and the error still persists, I would most likely create an OSS ticket.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I also have the issue. I checked the note. The note is more related to a language inconsistency between the configuration and front-end. Could you guide on this? I have maintained all the configurations in the back end (defining the key figures and mapping it to the metrics.

thanks,

ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the errors you are seeing in Metrics tab. Whenever you change some Metrics / key fig. config. you need to create new item and check it.

If the error say no key fig for object then there is something wrong in your config. Check your RFC destination, report, variant, authorization, etc

If it says error while determining key fig means key figure values in not maintained or not getting determined correctly. e.g. planned cost is not at all available for item, etc

apart from above two errors for any other error first you need to resolve above initial errors.

The above suggestions are useful if you determining key figure with PPM system and are partly valid with BW system. There are slightly different set corrective actions, we need to take in case of key fig determination from BW system.

I hope the information will help you to resolve your metrics issues.

Pramod

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pramod;

I have the same error message and any metric can't I see in Item Portfolio Dashboard.

Did you solve?

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Mariano,

I resolved it.. The issue was due to wrong RFC. Unfortunately metrics error log never shows exact cause of problem. May be you would like to check again the key figure config you done. Check RFC, report and user authorization.

Pramod

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pramod;

I fix the error because the Report have wrong parameters.

Now I can't see the metric, status and trend in the Portfolio Item Dashboard.

Best regards,

Mariano