cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Default Number and Date format settings in OLAP Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there any settings to default the country specific number and date formatting in BO OLAP Analysis.

I am looking to change the number format and date format to default to US format so as to not to change the formats for evey single OLAP reports in the Analysis Workspace.

Thanks,

Jothi Kswamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked the SAP Help at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_aa_user_en.pdf

See page 152 where it says

"23.8 Formatting dates for SAP BW data

When you connect to an SAP BW data source, the format for displaying dates in the analysis window is determined by a setting on the SAP BW server for the user profile that you used to connect to the data source.

If you want to change the format for dates in your workspaces, you can use the SU01 transaction on

the SAP BW server to configure this setting. For more information, see the documentation for SAP

NetWeaver available on the SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com.

Analysis uses the same date format for displaying all date values and members in a workspace. If you connect to multiple SAP BW data sources with different date format settings, all dates are displayed using the format for the first SAP BW data source that you connected to. If you want to use the date format for a different SAP BW data source, you must create a new workspace and connect to that data source first.

Note:

The date format setting on the SAP BW server applies to all date values and members in the analysis window. However, Analysis requires that all prompt values in the "Prompts" dialog box be entered in the format yyyymmdd. Dates in the "Prompts" dialog box are always displayed in this format, and you must follow this format when manually typing values for date prompts."

See pages 119-120 for number formatting.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Thanks for your quick response.

As per the documentation, the number and date formats are determined by the settings in BW server which is correct.

And that is exactly what we did , we have the BW server setting to defaut to US format date and number in SU01 but how ever for some reason the OLAP analysis defaults to EUR format.

Is there any other Tcodes or SPRO settings in BW server other than SU01 where i can check ???

Thanks Again

Jothi Kswamy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jothi - unless has some ideas, I recommend submitting a SAP support message as the system sounds like it is not working as intended.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Before submitting a support message, can you tell us what patch version your BI4 system is? I am aware of some issues being addressed in patches, regarding date formats.

Best regards,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip we are in the latest version 14.0.5. Thanks anyways i got it resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Tammy.. Appreciated !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

We are currently under BO 4.0 SP05 Patch 2.

Though the BW setting for date format is mmddyyyy, the Analysis still displays in yyyymmdd format in the prompt window and in dd.mm.yyyy inside the report for a date column.

Can you advice any settings that you made in the system files in the server?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (0)