cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Map Open PO from Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have to map a scenario wherein the client gets a open PO from customer .Open PO from customer contains only the material number, price, Validity date's. As and when the customer needs the material he'll send the schedule to supply the material.So how to map this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The customer PO is just a reference in SD documents and will not influence any functionality in sales and distribution. Everytime you receive the PO details, the PO document can be attached to the SD document (be it scheduling agreement or contract or a sales order). As per the above post, the scheduling agreement should meet your requirement since the customer is giving specific delivery schedules with required quantities.

If this is not the information you are looking for...please explain your requirement in detail.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you. the exact scenario is the end customer raises a PO against my client. This PO will not contain any data about the quantity.It will contain only the material,the agreed price and the validity dates.Now the end customer sends the schedule of the delivery through EDI.

Correct me if iam wrong, Will the normal referencing of PO will do here or do i need to use scheduling agreement? or do you suggest me any other process.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Ravi, customer will certainly release firm schedule in order to give your client some lead time to produce the goods.  So you can very well make use of the schedulilng agreement functionality.  As and when the firm schedule continues, you can add the same in one scheduling agreement.

G. Lakshmipathi