Conditional Display Of group Sections In Crystal Reports 2011
Hi Every one good evening,please guide me how to achieve this requirement.
In My report i have 2 Sections.In one section we have a group based on category filed(coming from store template table)
In one section we have a group based on Brand filed(coming from store template table)
All 2 sections have some fields(fields are same for all groups).
I need to display a specific section based on some value(Prop value) selected in database.
Prop value is a column from Cust_conv_properties table.
If in database they gave Prop value=Category then i have to show Category group section data
If in database they gave Prop value=Brand then i have to show Brand group section data.
How can i achieve this.Please guide me.
Please find the attachments.
Addtional to this
I want to try like this, for category field i will take one report and i will apply group on category, for brand field i will take another report and i will apply group on brand then,I will merge this in to one report.
So now how to show/hide these reports based on prop value selected in data base table.(how to link)
OK . . . it sounds like . . . .
1. You a have a main report using Cust_conv_properties table as your data source.
2. There are two sub-reports in your main report. The sub-reports are sr_BRAND and sr_CATEGORY.
3. For each record in the main report you want to display one sub-report.
if [Cust_conv_properties.prop_value] = “category” then display sr_CATEGORY.
if [Cust_conv_properties.prop_value] = “brand” then display sr_BRAND.
My solution would be
1. go to the section expert (Report > Section expert)
2. select the Details section
3. insert two detail sections
Details a: this section contains the fields from the Cust_conv_properties table
Details b: this section contains sr_BRAND
Details c: this section contains sr_CATEGORY
4. Select the Details b section and add a formula to Suppress the section when [Cust_conv_properties.prop_value] <> “brand”
5. Select the Details c section and add a formula to Suppress the section when [Cust_conv_properties.prop_value] <> “category”
6. Close the Section Expert
7. Insert your subreports in section Details a and Details b