Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP HWC: Repeated calls of application after 'Eroor' or 'request timed out'

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When SUP HWC application interacting (posting data to backend/retrieving data from backend)with SAP.

If the request is “TIME OUT”, I am getting a popup “Server Response Timeout” with “OK” button.

If I click on “OK”, again 2nd time application is automatically sending one more request to back-end.

If 2nd request also “TIME OUT” and If I click on ‘OK’ button in “Server Response Timeout” popup screen.

This time application is not sending any request to back-end.

Is it SUP HWC Standard framework behavior?

If yes, is there any configuration to restrict the 2nd time request.

NOTE: I am testing on android 2.3.5

Device: HTC Explorer A310e

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have not seen that.  The duration that the HWC waits for a response from the SUP server is configurable.  I believe it can be set in the online request's menu item under the property labeled timeout.

It might also be useful to increase the log level of the workflowclient.dll which is the piece that communicates to the SUP server.  You should then be better able to see if a second request is occurring or not.

In Sybase Control Center for 2.1 ESD # 3, choose Servers > server_name > Log > Messaging Server > WorkflowClient > Properties > Debug.

In Sybase Control Center for 2.2, choose Configuration > Log Settings > Messaging Server > WorkflowCLient > Properties > Debug

You may need to restart the SUP server.

Rerun the query on the device that is timing out.

Examine the content of

C:/Sybase/UnwiredPlatform/Servers/UnwiredServer/logs/WorkflowClient

The sample

Debugging a Mobile Workflow https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-150957

might also be helpful.

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen