cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claims in TM

0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to handle claims in TM raised for transportation services?

Thanks for your answers,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am sure there is no clear way to handle the scenario you have asked for.

But we have delivered to one of our client a Portal which handles both creation Claims and supplement FSD creations(Additional costs than TCCS maintained costs).

The flow we created is as follow:

1. Creation of the Claim / Supplement Invoice by the carrier or the Service provider.

2. In Approval Queue of the Transportation Manager.

3. Once approved, the claims and Supplement Invoice would be moved to the standard FSD, with the reference of the original FOR number.

The portal we developed is very flexible for any client. I am sure you may need to take such approach to handle your situation.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Selvakumar M.

0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

thank you for your answer, it's interesting approach. Could you put details on item 2 - how you implemented approval sequence? Is it by workflow or another solution?

Did I understand correctly - you implemented portal with additional capability to issue credit memo to service provider? What I have asked in initial message: we need to put claims in regard to service provider and claim amounts based on damages or penalties after consuming transportation  services.

Regards,

Vladimir

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Let me give an brief explanation on the portal. The portal had 2 capability:

1. Supplement Invoice Creation: This is something the carriers raise to the client for the additional cost incurred by them in transporting goods of the client. In such case, the carrier submits the temp. FSD(custom) with the charges they incurred via the charge elements(customizable). When submitted by the carrier, the same will be moved into transportation manager Queue for approval(Approval mechanism was custom developed by us). The approval mechanism was developed in a way that if amount exceeds a limit for certain charge type(configurable) it moves on to a senior manager approval.

2. Claim: This is the other way around the Invoice creation, in the sense that here, the client submits the claim to carrier for the damage caused, delay caused or any kind of monetary loss incurred by the client in this transportation provided by carrier.Here no approval mechanism is present and the carrier has option only to accept it, not even to reject it hence forces the carrier to accept the same.

Once the claim is accepted by the carrier, an batch in TM picks the approved claims and creates an memo in ERP. I think this solutions more suits you.

We are ready to provide a demo on the same if interested and provide the implementation services as well.

Hope the information provide helps.

Note: This is planned by SAP to make as part of TM9.1.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

In SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM), you can give a credit to a bill-to party by creating a credit memo and sending it to SAP ERP for posting to financials.

I am not usre wherther it is your wanted.

Best Regards

Clark Huang

0 Kudos

Hi Clark Huang,

yes, in case if you bill client for transportation services you can make credit memo for such invoices.

But you cannot handle credit memos for direct invoices from service provider to your company.  In both cases you cannot handle with claims, means to register it and then process it by different departments...

Thanks,

Vladimir