cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search materials based on itemcategory??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can search materials based on item category search.

i could find sales documents with item category search(VBAP, T184), but i need some one help to find  materials in the system based on item category search.

Regards

Siddiq

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding,You cannot find material based on item category..

In a sales order item category determines based on the item category determination procedure

Sales doc type+item category+higher lev Itemcategory+item cat Usage

Once any transaction happened like sale order.Then you can find the item category of material in that sales order.

Raneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raneesh exactly correct, but is there any way for users to search material on filtering item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddiq,

This business requirement is somewhat illogical.  A specific material may have been assigned to zero item categories, one item category, or many item categories.  It is unclear what your business objective is, but I can't think of any business scenario where such a search would be helpful.

However, you already know the answer.  For your system, the definitive table which contains all Item category>Material relationships is VBAP.  If a material does not exist in VBAP, then it has never been assigned to any item category in your system, and the filter would therefore not display such materials.  Tell your programmers to create a customized search help, based on the entries found in VBAP.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddiq,

As rightly mentioned other experts and you VBAP is the table for this.

What you can do is to create a custom table and a program to populate the table from standard, table should have only desired fields and get the same populated from standard tables.

Now provide a selection screen before running the report, which will be having item category as input field.

This is the only workaround for giving users what they want in your case or else you can convince them otherwise for scrapping this requirement altogether

Rgds

Sourabh