cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Cycle Creation :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

While browsing through the SAP documentation on control cycle I have found this two points, request you to kindly clarify on the same.

The link for the same is  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f841494afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

1. Its says in the document "you define the type of material staging for each material in the material master using the Material Staging Indicator:", where exactly is that  in the material master ?

2. "For pick parts, you can define one control cycle per production supply area for all materials" & also "For manual staging, you can define one control cycle per production supply area for all materials" - Where can we define that ? Is this any mass assignment t-code available ?

Your help would be higly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akil,

• Material staging indicator is in LPK1 transaction (Control Cycle). SAP Help document in general is not 100% correct.
  • Control cycle can be created (LPK1) for the combination of material, plant and supply area Or  plant and supply area. This will answer your second question.
  • Furthermore, supply area can be assigned in prod. version (for REM) or in the item details of BOM.

Regards,

Nitin Kurhade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin,

You answered that, I was not aware that control cycle can be created for plant & supply area combination.

Regards

Akil Solanki.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akil,

This post was moved to ERP SCM Logistics Execution space.

Thanks,

Oxana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but sorry that doesn't answer my specific query.

@ Jeevan - I will try and post it over their, but I guess it's more to do with PP application.

If I get a correct answer, I will definitely give you points.

Regards

Akil Solanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akil,

The type of material staging indicator is defined in the control cycle, the statement

"you define the type of material staging for each material in the material master using the Material Staging Indicator:",

in the help document is confusing because of the material master. Actually it should be master data instead of material master since control cycle is one of the master data for WM-PP integration.

Control cycles can be either material dependent or material independent. In LPK1 transaction, if you

enter material, plant and supply area then the control cycle is created as material dependent and if you skip the material and only enter plant and supply area then the control cycle is created as material independent which is so called as one control cycle per production supply area for all materials (since it can be used for all the materials). Wheter it is a pick part ot manual pick depends on the assignment of the material staging indicator in LPK1 screen as shown below

Material independent

Material dependent:

Hope it answers your questions.

Regards

Vijay

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question is more likely to get answered correctly if you post in the following forum:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akil,

Material staging indictor is required to activate WM material staging. I mean this config is part of WM-PP interface and as WM pick list is controlled at order level not at component level. So if you maitain that material staging will not happen automatically.

The material staging indicator is used to determine the dependency of the material for WM usage and also determine how to use.

0      Not relevant for WM (When should i set this indicator?) 

1      Pick list item (When should i set this indicator?)

2     Crate part (When should i set this indicator?)

3     Rel.ord.part (When should i set this indicator?)

4     Manual staging (When should i set this indicator?)

'0' -- Not relevant to WM. These types of materials are not relevant for WM.

Ex: when use the materials which are not managed at Warehouse level, just in MM-IM.

'1' -- Pick parts- The production order quantity required at the shop floor is picked up using this method. Picking can be via immediate creation of TR after staging or through creation of delivery (with some additiona IMG setting w.r.t delievry).

Ex: This indicator should be used for the materials which are manged in WM, and there is no pallet requirements - means you can pick any qty without any restrictions.

'2': Crate or KANBAN parts: These materials are always removed from warehouse in full cases. Whenever a case of needed parts is emptied in production then these can be ordered. 

Ex: This indicator should be used for the materials which are manged in WM, and the materials that are handled by a pallet/crate. Few material you cannot pick partial qunatities -- for example one cement bag..

'3' -- Release order parts: Release order parts are scheduled individually and replenishment is carried out manually based on production orders.  -- Not used much....

'4' --Manual staging: Here the materials are staged manually i.e. movement of components to production storage is carried out using manual transfer orders. When you post the goods issue, posting are made to destination storage bins through control cycles.  -- self explanatory.

Hope this info is helpful

Thanks,

Srini