cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE (PI 7.31, Java Only, IDoc_AAE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we are facing an error since we started our migration from PI 7.1 to PI 7.31 AEX. It is a File to IDoc scenario. On release 7.1 it is working perfect with the ABAP IDoc Adapter but the IDoc_AAE Adapter seems to parse the XML IDocs in another way.

However, our error-message is:

IDoc: Error before sending due to IDoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <IDOCTYPE>:

state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=512, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=513

We already found out that the charPosition mentioned in the error-message is a komma (",").

So we change the payload to numbers with a "dot" instead of a "komma" (e.g. "1.00" instead of "1,00"). Now it is working properly but the backend system (SAP-System) needs the data with a "komma" (especially the field in the target IDoc, configurated as type "decimal").

Does anybody know how to disable the parsing or at least make it less sensitive?

Is anybody else facing the same issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Check if you already have the patch recommended in note #1801509 CRETIM not valid in idoc control record.

See also note #1791798 731 SP05: IDoc adapter Fixes

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark.

thank you for your reply. I think note #1801509 is not relevant in our case due to the fact that it is working with dots instead of commas.

I already found note #1791798 but we are on Rel. 7.31 SP4 PL20 and the note is for SP5 and SP7

Some other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether you checked the metadata of idoc in the SAP system for the particular node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even we have such kind of problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup ., we hav reimported the idoc from idx2 as well., still getting the same error.,

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with an empty XML i.e click on generate instance in mapping test tab, & send it either through file or HTTP as sender & IDoc as receiver. In other words, send empty data. If it is successful, then it means that the data which created error contains some characters which could not be parsed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to follow Adarsh. Remember to sent empty idoc with all attributes filled, like attribute "BEGIN" and "SEGMENT". So when parsing IDOC xml, IDOC_AAE adapter is stricter than ABAP based IDoc adapter.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that all the attributes of all mapped segments are mapped with constant 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah i have chkd ., its all fine.,

anything else to chk., ? (other than applying the OS Note !   🙂  )

regards

karthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

for all those who have the same problem.

The IDoc-Parsing is much strikter on PI 7.31 (java only). The only way is to:

1. Check the IDoc-definition (e.g. on the SAP-Backend). Change the mapping in ESR, so that the not accepted signs are converted to the correct form.

2. Change the segments of the IDoc to format "character", so all signs are accepted.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

can u plz provide the steps in detail., where exactly to do the changes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does somebody has some more ideas?