cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics concepts and QM process flow

Former Member

Hi,

I have been into QM in SAP for more than months. I have been trying to understand the basic concepts and QM process flow by going through books and material available in internet. Most of them self learning. As I am a slow learner it is taking lot of time for understanding things as there no one in my office with QM knowledge in SAP.

Hence I request to first guide me in learning and understanding the basic concepts and QM process flow

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hi,

'Go to use MM02' Check the QM field:

1) Incoming Inspection :(QM material master you need to define '01' inspection type)

2) In-Process Inspection :(QM material master you need to activate '03' inspection type)

3) Final Inspection :(QM material master you need to activate '04' inspection type)

Follow the below steps:

Master Inspection characteristics(QS21)>>>Qty info recorder(QI01) & Quality Inspection Plan(QP01)>>>Inspection Lot(QA01)>>>Select the Inspection lot(QA32)

Thanks & Regards:

Butterfly" Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your valuable input. Atleast now I have started getting to know the basics of QM process flow in a better manner.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini ,

Please close the thread y marking answers .

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several online documents are available for QM study and for config and other relevant dependency goto Help.sap.com and open the logistics and in that QM , read all nodes carefully and noted down somwhere.

regards

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QM following are the main process use in most of the companies-\

1. Inspection at procurement

2. Inprocess Inspection

3. post process inspection

4. Recurring Inspection

5. Inspection at delivery

6. Inspection at customer rejected materials

For the above process, we need Master data like Master Inspection chara., inspection methods, Sampling Procedure , Inspection plan.

Process flow:-

For the above maintained process, Inspection lot created after GRN of materials. This inspection lot contains test parameter, test methode, Sample size, Inspection Qty.

we assign Inspection Plan in Inspection lot then we do Result Recording & last Usage decision,stock posting from Quality stock to Unrestricted stock.

Please check below links-

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1649810

http://scn.sap.com/thread/453375

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas ,

Its too difficult to teach QM like this on forum . I request you to read help doc and if you have any doubts then get abck to forum .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a6/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Also as a basic flow :

1. QM helps to inspect material of organisation by recording results and recording the decisions on the basis of recorded results . This is known as RR and UD .You inspect material against different characterstics these are knwon as MIC in SAP .

2. All the inspections are carried out against inspection lots in SAP . This lot can be generated from different triggring points . This points are known as inspection types in SAP .

I sugest you to read about inspection lot , master inspectio characterstics and inspection types to have basic idea of QM .