cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap MDM Validation Error in portal

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When  am Validating a record in Enterprise Potal it is throwing an Error: "The MDM Validation Exceptioncom.sap.mdm.commands.commandException: Field not found(0xffaa1000)".

pls help me...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Did you try to run the same validation in MDM Data Manager ?

Check the following two things:

• Make sure the Field, which you are using in your validation must be in the MDM repository.

OR

• Perform Verify + Repair steps and Load repository with indices.

Once done, refresh the MDM and Portal connection.

Hope, it will solve your problem.

Thx/ -Tarun

0 Kudos

Tarun,

thanx for your respose to my question. I am investigating in the way which you suggested.

Thanks

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Master,

I have done the below tasks as you suggested still issue  not resolved.please suggest me if any

Error:

"The MDM Validation Exceptioncom.sap.mdm.commands.commandException: Field not found(0xffaa1000)".

i have  executed validations in MDM i didn't find any validation errors.

• Make sure the Field, which you are using in your validation must be in the MDM repository.

OR 

• Perform Verify + Repair steps and Load repository with indices.

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your error details(0xffaa1000) i think the field which you describe in validation is deleted from MDM repository, so make sure field should be available in repository or try to select other field and the save the validation. If still same error then verify and repair you repository through MDM console, hope this will reslove your problem.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

Could you check/run the same validation in Data Manager and update the result?

Thx/ -Tarun

0 Kudos

thanks for response

I checked and run the validations in Data Manager it is working fine. i.e No validation errors

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

As rightly mentioned above,doing Verify and checking for possible fatal and non fatal errors should help.

In case errors are present ,do take a backup of repository and Repair the repository.Post that Load the repository with update indices.

Also check in the data model for the field used in the validation,it could have been deleted.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart of portal application resolved the issue.

Thanks ,

Raja.