Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Timelines

muhammadarshad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurrus

I want to estimation timelines to configure below task in Solution Manager 7.1 .

1. Configure Service desk and EWA
  2. Prepare  system for VAR config
  3. Configure PCOe and VAR from clientA to clientB  

for third step i need config guide as well . i find URL  https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001353932011E/VAR-Guide_IM_Config1.pdf  but unfortunately it shows me some access problem.

regards

Muhammad Arshad

Senior SAP Basis Netweaver Consultant

Mobile: 00974 66125160        
             00966 530231577

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just some thoughts...

service desk configuration depends on many factors such as planned functionalities, used UI, share of custom development (e.g. smartforms for notification, custom enhancements etc.), available resources as well as your personal experience in solman customizing.. you also need time for tests and debugging (just check how many correction notes are available for service desk)

EWA for ABAP setup is quite simple and done within a few steps..  once you configured the solman, you add the customer's satellite systems which takes you maybe 1 hour for each system. EWA for Java is much more complex.. I can't tell as we do not cover this

VAR configuration.. that's again customizing on top of the normal service desk (activate handling of multiple customer numbers, bc sets etc.) as well as the process of getting the required data into the system.

PCoE means you have a full configured VAR solman system with service desk, maintenance optimizer, earlywatch alert, license management and optionally the solution documentation. In addition, for the audit, you need a full documentation of the system, the processes and the customers.

I would rather calculate with months than weeks...

Former Member
0 Kudos
muhammadarshad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the link still waiting for some one who help me out in estimation timelines.

regards

Muhammad Arshad