cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetFreeForm().NewNumeric() --> a2i.core.StringException: GetSearchResults

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an GP/ Web Dynpro application on my laptop with MDM Connection via MDM Java API.

I implemented a search functionality, where I'm also able to search for a currency value.

After deploying it to the testmachine everything works fine instead of the NewNumeric () Method of the FreeFormParameterField of my FreeForm Search

I'm adding the search string for the currency value with the following statement:

fld.GetFreeForm().NewNumeric(Double.valueOf(wdContext.currentSearchValuesElement().getSearchPrice()).doubleValue());

When executing it the search I get the following error:

a2i.core.StringException: GetSearchResults error

My lokal Version of the MDM Server is a little bit older than the version on the testmachine --> I have got Version 5.5 SP4 5.5.34.46 and on the other machine 5.5 SP4 5.5.34.54

Has anybody got an idea, what could have been changed between these two Versions, that just this only method results in an error?

Kind regards

Lissi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lissi.

Nothing was changed between the 2 versions you've mentioned regarding this free-form search API.

Your syntax seems fine (I even tried to run a similar line myself...).

Please check that you're adding the free-form on the right field parameter (validate that 'fld' in your example is a <i>FreeFormParameterField</i> object initialized in the following manner:

<i>FreeFormParameterField fld =

freeFormTableParameter.GetFields().New("MyMeasurement");</i>

where "MyMeasurement" is the code-name of your measurement field, and 'freeFormTableParameter is a <i>FreeFormTableParameter</i> initialized for the table you are searching on:

<i>tableFreeFormTableParameter freeFormTableParameter = new FreeFormTableParameter("myTable");</i>

Also validate that the double value is parsed as expected (might be that the UOM string gets in its way).

If you have further details, please supply them and I'll try to help you.

Best regards,

Nir