cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Report on Bex Query (7.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My objective is to create a Bo report on top of BEx query/cube.

1) i made an OLAP connection in IDT . Since data foundation is not required , i am creating a Business layer >> OLAP Connection >> getting below error

"Use BICS Client connections in SAP BusinessObjects query and reporting applications to connect directly to the BEx query. No business layer or universe is required to access BEx queries."

2) I made a relational connection on the same BEx query from Universe Designer Tool and made a univese .unv and exported it to reporsitory.

If I want to convert this universe .unv to .unx file getting below error:

"com.businessobjects.universe.migration.converter.ConversionException: The conversion of OLAP universes is not supported."

Can some one guide me what is the correct way to create a report on Bex query .

Regards

Parul Bhardwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not clearly understand the issue. I you create the connection on top of BEX query in IDT and export it repository then go to WebI and choose BEX as a datasource then everything should work as a charm (if you have access rights to your query).

Also pelase remember that appropriate transports are needed to be imported to your SAP env in order to get communication link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mister,

We do have access on BEx query as well as transports have been placed already

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had done couple of recent patches installtion done in our environment and not facing above using . I had upgraded SAP GUI to recent one (7.3 and patch 2)  as well as upgraded BI content level to in our system.

Not exactly sure what is the correct troble shoot of this but now i m able to connect to connection from DAshboard designer but when I am created dashboard and selected a Bex query , pullled some dimensions and mesures getting below error.

"Request processing failed (XLS 000009) Request processing failed. (XLS 000009) [] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException:1>"I tired the same for various combinations of BI objects but still getting the same.

Any suggestion

Regards

Parul

0 Kudos

A) Please, get an a recent patch level such as SAP BI BusObjects 4.0 SP4 PATCH 9. Remember to upgrade the Client Tools of SAP BI BusObjects (such as Webi Rich Client, IDT, UDT, etc.) as well!

SP4 Patch 2 is like 6+months old.

B) Is your SAP BI BusObjects server running on Windows Server or *nix.
For Windows server based platform: did you install a recent SAP GUI on the SAP BI BusObjects Server? And can you then connect using the SAP GUI on your SAP BI BusObjects server to your SAP BW System?

Message was edited by: Andreas J A Schneider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Did you manage to fix the issue?

As Andreas mention earlier.Looks like a patch level issue to me.Try installing compatibility patch for the SAP GUI 7.3 if your Bex is at patch level 8.

Also for DashBoard Designer may be the RESTful API related issue.Try checking if this webService status from CMC > Application

Check the KBA - 1733865 for more details on RESTful API

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As mentionned above, OLAP connections (ontop of BEx Queries) get created either in CMC > OLAP or IDT > OLAP .

You do not create a Business Layer - it's a direct connection, and the universe outline gets created on-the-fly .

adn the conversion workflow from MDX BAPI.unv to BICS APi. unx doesn't exist for the aformentioned reasons.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

true

but when i create a bo report using this connection . I can select BEX query OK button is disable

Do i need to check some authetication for it

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Authentication is a must. The required SAP Roles and Authorizations are all drescribed in the BIPlatform Admin Guide. Familiar with those?   Try hardcoding your OLAP connection with a SAP_ALL password.

Do you have access to www.service.sap.com, because the Notes search would be of use to you - you're effectively asking FAQ

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , we are using the same id for BI system which has sap_all access .

We are creating predefined connection in CMC too.

in all tools of BO , we get  stuck when select the olap connection and after that there is no option to go ahead so I  can 't choose the OLAP connection to create reports from BI Infoview.

Even in Dashboard 4.0 too SAP >> OPEN >> Log into BI server >> get below error

"Could not open SAP"

Where as login to  ERP system is happing

regards

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Can you please attach a screenshot from your CMC --> OLAP Connection?

Need to check the way how you are creating this connection.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMC >> OLAP Connection >> New Connection >> pur the parameteres (provider = SAP Netweaver BW, Bi server client , ip add, system id, connect to desire cube/ query , Authentication = predefined and put BW servers user is pwd)

Save this  connection

we had tried to create an olap connection from IDT  and CMC too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This way it sounds correct.

Make sure you have checked "Allow external access" for BEX query from query designer.

And you select the BEX Query from Webi Rich Client.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vivek,

we have made bex query external available too, this situation is appearing in our environment from Crystal reports for enterprise / Webi Rich Cilent / BI (portal) infoview too

we are on SAP BO BI 4.0 Sp4 Patch 2 / SAP BI 7.3 SP5 /ECC 6 EHP 5.

we are not able to loginto to BI 7.3 from Dashboard 4.0 also where as we can connect to ECC .

Regards

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then in that case please submit an issue with SAP Support team and let them have a check in your system.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to create OLAP connection to query/cube using BICS

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-22040

After that you can build BO report directly on this connection, you don't need create a business layer and an universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kseniya,

Thanks for your response .

I have already referred this document and made a OLAP connection in IDT. If i launch WEBI from infoview New >> bEx >> Choose Connection

there is no option to go head. I can select connection choose BEx query associated to it but "OK " button is diable than.

Simialr thing happen from WEBI Rich Client too

Smilar is happen from Crystal reports for enterprise.

Ok button is disable

Can someone suggest please.

Regards

Parul

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

tick the bex property 'enable external access' in the bex query

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have already check this setting in BEx query's properties under tab "Extended"