cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS transfer not working after upgrade to 6.0.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded our test system to 6.0.4.0.

After this upgrade I get the following errors when running the ODS Transfer.

Anybody got an idea?

Br,

Johan

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invok

e the method com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSProductionLogRollupProcess.safeClose() of an

object loaded from local variable 'odsPL'

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSProductionLogExtract.main(ODSProductionLogExtract.j

ava:46)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invok

e the method com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSShopOrderRollupProcess.safeClose() of an obj

ect loaded from local variable 'odsSO'

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSShopOrderExtract.main(ODSShopOrderExtract.java:46)

e the method com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSShopOrderRollupProcess.safeClose() of an obj

ect loaded from local variable 'odsSO'

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSShopOrderExpansion.main(ODSShopOrderExpansion.java:

46)

e the method com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSProductionLogRollupProcess.safeClose() of an

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSProductionLogExpansion.main(ODSProductionLogExpansi

on.java:47)

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSProductionLogSummary.main(ODSProductionLogSummary.j

ava:66)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have now upgraded to 6.0.4.1 and the problem still occurs.

Should I perhaps log a ticket for this?

Best Regards,

Johan

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

NPE is usually an indication of a bug or missing information in database. In your case it looks like a bug more so I would recommend to open a ticket.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is now solved..

The reason was the new encryption introduced in SAP ME Client 6.0.4 and since I used the 6.0.1 base for upgrading the Client I did not get the working encryption functionality.

I did the following:

- Downloaded base 6.0.4 from SAP

- Copied the Clients folder to a backup folder

- Uninstalled SAP ME Client

- Installed the Client from 6.0.4 base

- Updated to Client 6.0.4.2 using the 6.0.4 base

- Copied the file sqljdbc4.jar to clients/lib folder

Br,

Johan

Answers (0)