Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underline to blank field

YayatiEkbote
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

In my requirement of smartform in one row i want label and the text in front of it as underlined.

For example -

Vendor name  -                           XYZ Industries Pvt.Ltd.                         

Vendor address -          ABC street, Hampshire, United Kingdom            

How can i achieve this if there is no text initially. I tried with templates. But then whole line gets the underline as we select the horizontal line pattern in framed patterns of template.

I tried following also -

In smartforms global variables, i declared fields v_name1, v_ort01.

And in editor of the form i gave following coding

P1 Vendor name - <C1>&V_NAME1(100)&</>

P1 Vendor address - <C1>&V_ORT01(150)&</>

whereP1 is centered paragraph format and C1 is the character type which i declared in smartstyle of the form which has underlined font.

When i do this i get uneven thickness to the underline(i also declared the the spacing and thickness of underline same to all character formats).

Moreover, in print preview i am able to see the underline even if the field is initial. But when i tool the print out, there was no underline.

I want to keep the line even if there is no data. I think the underline will be there only according to lenght of the string in the field.

I want some space before and after the text in the field, as like we have bottom border in excel file. No matter how long the string is, the cell should have bottom border as underline.

Please let me know the solution.

Regards,

Yayati Ekbote

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

YayatiEkbote
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The problem is, even if the field is blank, i want the underline to stay. That is not happening.

For example, if the length of string is 5 charcters and width of the template is say 50 characters, i want the underline to be of 50 characters even if the string is of 1,2 or 10 characters, be it any length of data string the underline should remain.

Regards,

Yayati Ekbote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Split the template into two columns and draw the lines in second coumn in the template as you required then you will get the lines even though there is no data for corresponding fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Split the template/table into two columns, one column maintain vendor name and address.

second column maintain the corresponding text elements with underline font character  style which is created in smart styles.

Regards

krishna